Metro Exodus no longer works after game update.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Metro Exodus no longer works after game update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

After the latest update to the game, vorpX will no longer hook.
    It says Attaching, but it never gets hooked, it seems.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Briefly checked it. Hooks fine here with DirextX set to DX11 in the game’s video options. DX12 will not work.

Please note that the game is still not officially supported. An official profile wil probably be added with the next vorpX version.

dborosev
    Participant

Hmmm, thanks Ralf. I’ll do more testing to see what the issue could be for me.
    Its been a couple weeks since I played it, so maybe something else got into a funny state. Or the update changed some options. I’ll report back.

Cheers!

dborosev
    Participant

The game update changed my DX setting to 12. I set it back to 11. Thx.

pieterlouis
    Participant

Hi guys, any known issues. I just bought the game, after playing through the first 2 games. Super amped for ‘exodus’. But Vorpx isn’t hooking. Checked to see that the game is running DX11, but still no hooking.

FYI: I’m using the Epic Store version.

Any tips. Could anyone please help me.

Kind Regards
    Peter

pieterlouis
    Participant

The official Vorpx Profile is not hooking, while a custom z3d cloud profile hooks. I’m using the the EPIC Game Store version. any help would be much appreciated. Would love to play the game in g3d. It’s the main reason I bought Metro Exodus. Loved the first 2 in G3d.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi i wonder , too vorpx tried as admin it wont hook, neither dx11 nor dx12 . I verified the game ,, i did try alternative hooking, and nothing helpes, vorpx wont hook to the game. I must say two weeks ago it was runnin g3d like a charm. What the proble, is it the latest epic update?? Anyone an idea? THX

TheBalt
    Participant

Im also unable to hook the Steam version. I cant use the Definitive Version with my graphics card, but I can play the original just fine on my monitor – but it wont hook to Vorpx. When I try, the game just loads to a black screen or loads to menu but no Vorpx hook. Tried with alternative hooking, hook helper, etc and nothing got it to work. In DX11 mode as well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up. Will look into the issue for the next vorpX version.

For the Epic store version there is a workaround: renaming EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay will help.

CAVEAT: Renaming the overlay DLL might break other Epic store games, so whenever you encounter any issue after renaming the DLL, check whether that issue also occurs with the overlay DLL.

nieda113
    Participant

HI can confirm that renaming this .dll let the game run like before.
    Will there a chance to have the enhanced editon working with vorpx, too?
    THX

Deadaus
    Participant

I am also having same issue not hooking to Metro Exodus mind you it is the enhanced edition so not sure if that make a difference.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The profile only works with the regular Metro Exodus, not the enhanced edition.

Deadaus
    Participant

The profile only works with the regular Metro Exodus, not the enhanced edition.

Ok Thanks will get regular edition.

luka2099
    Participant

for the enchanted edition, I uploaded a profile to the cloud that works well. Without g3d however.

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Il profilo funziona solo con il normale Metro Exodus, non con l’edizione migliorata.</font></font>

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Ok Grazie otterrà l’edizione normale.</font></font>

Ghost75757
    Participant

I too have the Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition from EPIC Store – but sadly your profile Luka does not hook as well.. we know a workaround how to hook it? Hook Helper also not doing anything.. thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!