Metro Exodus no longer works after game update.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Metro Exodus no longer works after game update.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    luka2099
    Participant

I opened a dedicated post but @ralf has not answered me yet. the enchanted version works with dx12. the problem is that the executable is the same as the official dx11 profile. so in order to make it work you have to change the name of the executable to metroexodus1.exe.
    unfortunately @ralf does not allow the modification of official profiles. therefore you cannot remove the executable from the official profile. I hope @ralf will change his mind about it sooner or later.

Ghost75757
    Participant

Yes, I saw that you renamed it metroexodus1.exe in your profile by adding the 1 at the end.
    So in order for your profile to hook, I need to rename my exe file to the same like your profile? metroexodus1.exe ? It wont break the game on start up? did you do the same and it worked?

Ghost75757
    Participant

I renamed it and it hooked okay, but sadly now 3D displayed :/

luka2099
    Participant

All game that run on dx12 , dont have g3d. But only z3d

Ghost75757
    Participant

Yes, it was weird. Your profile hooked and I could select the Z3D etc in the Vorpx menu but there was no 3D displayed for some reason. All 2D. All good though, I downloaded the non-enhanced version, changed to DX11 and now all working :)

matteo39
    Participant

so we can play in 3d only with non -enhanced version in dx11?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There isn’t really any benefit in switching to the enhanced edition just for the sake of its marginally better RTX effects, especially considering how great the original version already looks. The regular Metro Exodus profile supports both G3D and various advanced DirectVR features that you couldn’t even add to your own custom profile if you wanted to invest the time and effort required for that. As far as vorpX is concerned the enhanced edition is pretty much a ‘dehanced’ edition. ;)

Ghost75757
    Participant

I assume there is no possibility to make it work with the Enhanced Version ? Really wanted to play with PS5 controller haptics but none of the profiles have 3D , Cyberpunk / Horizon hooks but sadly no 3D in the headset , only weird glitches as if its trying to read the depth map but failing. Any possibility to make it work?

luka2099
    Participant

I assume there is no possibility to make it work with the Enhanced Version ? Really wanted to play with PS5 controller haptics but none of the profiles have 3D , Cyberpunk / Horizon hooks but sadly no 3D in the headset , only weird glitches as if its trying to read the depth map but failing. Any possibility to make it work?

no , because all game that work with dx12 , work only in zadaptive. but for me , for some game , is too much better that g3d.

Ghost75757
    Participant

thanks for your reply Luka. I am happy with Z Adaptive, but firstly it needs to hook on the Enhanced Version which it does not. There is a profile online but not working.

luka2099
    Participant

thanks for your reply Luka. I am happy with Z Adaptive, but firstly it needs to hook on the Enhanced Version which it does not. There is a profile online but not working.

I repeat, The only way for hooking this game are change executible from metroexodus.exe
    To metroexodus1.exe, that add The file name on copy of cyberpunk profile

Ghost75757
    Participant

thats exactly what I did and it hooks, all opens well in headset, only problem NO 3D.
    its glitching , no Z-Adaptiv, nothing, just flat. The Enhanced Edition not working with Vorpx it seems.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I understand that you *really* want the enhanced edition, so just in case you overlooked the above reply:

There isn’t really any benefit in switching to the enhanced edition just for the sake of its marginally better RTX effects, especially considering how great the original version already looks. The regular Metro Exodus profile supports both G3D and various advanced DirectVR features that you couldn’t even add to your own custom profile if you wanted to invest the time and effort required for that. As far as vorpX is concerned the enhanced edition is pretty much a ‘dehanced’ edition. ;)

Ghost75757
    Participant

yes I am aware of this reply but I *REALLY*! want to play with full haptics of the PS5 controller! that is my selling point here and its only available with the enhanced version :)
    without the PS5 controller haptics its half the fun. I now about the graphics and I started play the normal version with vorpx which is great but with haptics would be amazing!

I renamed the exe and cyberpunk and horizon copy hooks but inside the game , no 3D.
    maybe a small update , tip would could make it work in 3d?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try other DX12 game profiles as a base. That’s really the only tip I can give you. With some luck there is one that provides basic Z3D without any extras.

There is a perfectly working Metro Exodus profile with multiple features that couldn’t even be added for the enhanced edition currently. Neither marginally better RTX effects nor PS5 haptic triggers justify neglecting other things for a second (inferior) Metro Exodus profile, sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!