Mount and Blade problem with latest update

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Mount and Blade problem with latest update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gapper4
    Participant

Hi guys,

Just has VorpX update this morning and I can no longer play M&B Warband. The game loads fine but it does not recognize mouse clicks anymore. I’m stuck in the title screen. Everything worked fine before the update yesterday.

zahncisten
    Participant

Are you using a Windows Mixed Reality Headset?

gapper4
    Participant

Are you using a Windows Mixed Reality Headset?

No, an Oculus Rift. Everything was perfect last evening. This happened just after VorpX updated. To elaborate a bit, the mouse pointer in the title screen works. The problem is it doesn’t recognize mouse clicks.

zahncisten
    Participant

Let me ask another question:
    Typically on menus, when you hover over an option, it highlights, or raises, or something, and then you click on it. Like in this video, the selection is highlighted in yellow, and then you can click to go further:

In the Mount and Blade menu, does the button highlight to show that you are hovering over it? The reason I ask is that sometimes because of resolution scaling, etc. the actual mouse location can vary. For instance, if you used the keyboard to navigate and get to your actual game, I’m guessing you can actually swing your sword by left-clicking, and that is recognized? (I’m just guessing that left clicking swings a sword, but have you tried actual game play, and does mouse clicking work then?)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds more like an input focus issue than something directly related to vorpX. Try ALT+TAB out of the game and back, also switching between fullscreen/windowed or vice versa is worth a try.

gapper4
    Participant

Let me ask another question:
    Typically on menus, when you hover over an option, it highlights, or raises, or something, and then you click on it. Like in this video, the selection is highlighted in yellow, and then you can click to go further:

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”>[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nie2f6WU5c?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&w=490&h=276%5D</span&gt;

In the Mount and Blade menu, does the button highlight to show that you are hovering over it? The reason I ask is that sometimes because of resolution scaling, etc. the actual mouse location can vary. For instance, if you used the keyboard to navigate and get to your actual game, I’m guessing you can actually swing your sword by left-clicking, and that is recognized? (I’m just guessing that left clicking swings a sword, but have you tried actual game play, and does mouse clicking work then?)

Yes, there are highlights when I mouse over something in the start menu. I’ve tried Alt-tabbing out and back in. Same issue. I’ll try windowed vs full screen now and see if anything happens.

gapper4
    Participant

Sounds more like an input focus issue than something directly related to vorpX. Try ALT+TAB out of the game and back, also switching between fullscreen/windowed or vice versa is worth a try.

Nope, same thing in windowed mode and fullscreen. Again, the cursor highlights selections (such as “load game”). It just doesn’t take the click.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can the menus be navigated with the keyboard? If so hitting enter or space might work. I can’t really imagine how vorpX could cause that, but nothing is impossible.

I’ll check whether your issue can be replicated here, but not today (Sunday), sorry.

gapper4
    Participant

Ok, seems I can use the mouse clicks from inside VorpX but not on the monitor. Previously, I could also do it on the monitor. Not sure what has changed. Ralf, don’t waste time with this, I can make it work even if it’s slightly more inconvenient than before. And thanks for your great work; M&B:W looks awesome with VorpX.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!