MPC-HC max quality

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion MPC-HC max quality

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    nexus-07
    Participant

I have a big problem. If you do not use a helmet, then after 10 minutes the Nvidia driver crashes. The problem is solved only by reinstalling the driver and disabling the helmet. Absolutely trouble.

nexus-07
    Participant

avisynth is used by the svp program.
    I now use avisynth for noise reduction, there is a very good algorithm there. There is also an algorithm to improve the anime of the 80s. avisynth is a universal video correction program, it can do a lot, it would be a desire.

I will not convert 3D to 2D. I drill 3D, then I want to remove the noise, and on 2 images like that (almost all videos have noise).
    Then increase to 60-90fps using svp.
    After increasing the resolution from 1080p to 4k, because the helmet has a resolution of more than 1080p. When the resolution is increased by standard means, the image is blurred. But when the resolution is already large, you can compress it by any means.

I tried to include 4k video through vorpx, I did not like the result. Very clearly visible ladder.

Minabe
    Participant

Idk why i thought SVP was free software, at least it has a 30 day trial version.

My review: it’s a pretty good GUI for ffmpeg, the neat thing is that it transcodes on the fly adding the interpolated frames but beyond that i find using ffmpeg directly a better way to get better results, as you get access to everything it offers that SVP does not use. Although SVP does automates a lot as it even deinterlaces and gives good results without any configuration (and you don’t even have to know if your video is interlaced e.g., nor anything about the source for that matter nvm, just noticed that SVPcode outputs a still interlaced video, it just isn’t as noticeable, i’m really unsure about the code they’re using bc the video looks quite fluid and it’s doing more than just adding more frames), though at the end of the day it still uses ffmpeg for transcoding.
    From my tests it adds a little more artifacts than the code i use using the same mode (blend, though i probably use different extra options) even though it’s not the best mode (though the mci mode is extremely slow by comparison), but both ffmpeg and SVPcode take the same time with the same parameters (same codec, crf and preset speed),

Adding more post-processing software for real-time playback will obviously result in more demand of resources, Avisynth seems like a really great software now that i’ve started using it, my only ‘con’ is that it only works with avi natively (although you can use ffmpeg libraries for other containers which require some extra setup depending on the codecs and framerate) but other than that you can use it with any video, no need to use SVP.

As such, my advice is to use Avisynth after transcoding with SVPcode, that way you’ll bypass the resources needed by having SVP running.

About the 3D, i have absolutely no idea what you tried to say, nor why you cannot set the hmd to 90Hz, i use a WMR hmd too and unfortunately the updates have patched some of the workarounds i used to use to bypass the need of a monitor/tv but i have had no problem about the hmd 90Hz setting, only with the resolutions.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!