No Stereoscopic 3d at all.

Homepage Forums Technical Support No Stereoscopic 3d at all.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Ah the postman confused me a bit. (with a game delivery, what else )
    I meant i am not shure if the DX pipeline nessecarily will also work when OpenGL is working. If you would like to test that, install that demo above (DX9) , here is the direct link,or any other DX9 game that has a 3D profile . If that is Stereo 3D and the games you have tried are both DX11, then theres very likely a bug somewhere in the DX11 pipeline. Anyway i would try out some lower Graphics drivers too. (That is officially not recommended, but can may be help for bug hunting) I have recently observed a weird behave of a (not supported) game by only changing the HMD firmware and the graphics driver. Hope youll find a solution.

Taylorig
    Participant

Ok well thanks again RJK_

I’ll just have to leave it for now and carry on playing native VR stuff.

Since speaking last I tried STEAMVR Beta. This wouldn’t even display the game. Just left me in the STEAMVR lobby but the game was running because I could see the game windows open. So I treid uninstalling SteamVR completely and doing a fresh install of the none Beta which run the game in VR but with my usual problem.

Oh well I’ll keep trying from time to time but I have so much other VR related games to play with for the time being. Just gutted I can’t get this to run on loads of games that I already have that are supported by VorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m out of ideas, sorry. Never heard of anything like this in five years. If you want to check whether it’s somehow related to your SteamVR setup, you can try the “Generic Headset” in the vorpX config app. It displays the left/right images side by side on your desktop. When you change the ‘3D-Strength/Scale’ option you should see them shift slightly in opposite directions.

Taylorig
    Participant

Well hello again.

Just thought I would report back in regards to the issue I was having. Thought I would give VorpX another try today after noiticing that there had been a update to V19. And low and behold, It works now :O

I haven’t changed anything since the last time I tried it and also forgot to close MSI Afterburner before running VorpX and it still worked as intended. Although I did have to do a bit of tweaking with some of the settings like FOV etc. But apart from that I’m very happy now that it finally works.

Thanks again to the creator Ralf for all your work ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!