Oculus Rift CV1 Support?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Oculus Rift CV1 Support?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    what595654
    Participant

Will the consumer Oculus Rift be supported? If so, when can we expect and update?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Avoiding any “ballpark-estimates”: as soon as possible.

trioptimum
    Participant

You might want to make a post about this on the front page. I didn’t realize it wasn’t compatible yet, and I installed it with my CV1. It pretty much installed the older sdk on top of all the new oculus apps, causing the oculus runtime to crash every 30 seconds until I disabled and uninstalled all oculus apps and vorpx, then reinstalled oculus home.

tetch
    Participant

Does the recent release of SDK 1.3 matter? I’ve been checking up from time to time & it seems like a major hangup was Oculus not making what you need to get it ported generally available. And as trioptimum points out it’ll likely be a make/break factor for many of your prospects.

Kudos for the work in any case. Made me regret I never bought a DK2 :(

Oculus PC SDK 1.3 Now Available

Ralf
    Keymaster

The SDK 1.3 is released publically since yesterday.

Please be a little bit patient, vorpX will be updated as fast as possible. Thanks.

tetch
    Participant

I wasn’t meaning to imply it should be done TODAY. I just wanted to confirm my understanding that Oculus failing to make that available until now was the bottleneck.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I couldn’t agree more…

trioptimum
    Participant

Thanks for the updates, we look forward to the release when it is ready :)! I cannot wait for the profile sharing!!

Laser
    Participant

Can’t wait for the release. Any idea if there are performance benefits from the new sdk? Atleast Elite runs much better with sdk 1.3, so I was wondering how much of that improvement was part of new sdk or the work of frontier?

Ballpark figure confirmed… it will release before 2017!

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is a notable benefit, especially in situations with a too high GPU workload. It’s very difficult now to create severe judder, even with notoriously judder prone games like Witcher 3 for example.

And there *might* even be potential for a general performance gain, I’m hoping for about 15%-20%. But that will require changes to the vorpX render pipeline, so probably it will not make it into the next version.

We can agree on “before 2017”!

Felix
    Participant

Awesome, as long as changing the render pipeline does not break support for mpc-hc and SVP =)

peteostro
    Participant
    Shpinxis
    Participant

Yes, I just saw the video for the beta 1.3. I can’t wait for this!

gnarbarian
    Participant

VorpX just broke my Oculus home install. How do I uninstall vorpX? Will I have to re-download the 100 some odd gigs of stuff I just installed?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sorry. The installer does a safety check to avoid things like this, but apparently the registry key that stores the runtime version was removed (or changed) with 1.3, so this check always failed despite a newer version already being installed. One can only foresee so much…

Automatic runtime download is now disabled completely. So this isn’t an issue anymore.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!