Oculus Rift CV1 Support?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Oculus Rift CV1 Support?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Jss0831
    Participant

Hey guys I am so confused. Will the vorpx.com 0.9.1 work with v1.3 sdk and the cv1 or not. Or is there a newer beta version that does that I can download if I purchase. I bought the cv1 and the stuff it comes with is cool and all but I got it for older games. Thanks

rnatau
    Participant

I, too, find it confusing that there’s an apparently official review of VorpX with the new SDK (and hopefully the fixes I’ve been waiting for for now three months), but no new version available… I would be happy with a beta version, too!

Laser
    Participant

What official review? I only know of Immersive Gamers beta videos that he has access to, its still not ready so we have to wait a bit for (I guess) the 1.0 vorpX

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a little bit patience, please. Thanks.

It’s barely three days since the Oculus SDK 1.3 was made available publically. vorpX will get updated as soon as possible.

For the time being DK2 owners who already installed the new Oculus software can simply use the runtime switcher linked below to use vorpX. CV1 owners: you won’t have to wait long.

Oculus Runtime Switcher (0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/1.3) with GUI
    by u/dr-kaii in oculus

BuckleBean
    Participant

What official review? I only know of Immersive Gamers beta videos that he has access to, its still not ready so we have to wait a bit for (I guess) the 1.0 vorpX

This here is the truth. ImmersiveGamer makes the best vorpx vids around, but he could have done a better job clarifying that the latest version had not yet been released.

Jss0831
    Participant

Ok thank you that’s all I wanted to know as I was I was confused. I’ll look forward to purchasing this as soon as it works with cv1. Jason

Axeonelite
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Vorpx is just what I need but I also have a CV1 so I will just wait for the next version.

R3volve
    Participant

Just got my CV1, purchased Vorpx, and got an oculus failed to init error. I just want to confirm that Vorpx is not yet compatible with CV1 correct? I am not just doing something wrong?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, the 1.3 compatible update not out yet. Unfortunately we only got access to the 1.3 SDK when it was released publically last week. More exciting news very shortly.

im.thatoneguy
    Participant

Look forward to testing on the CV1. Will the new build support launching from the Oculus Home app and updating through the Oculus Home app (like Virtual Desktop which also is sold through a separate marketplace but then just launches a key gen.)

R3volve
    Participant

Could you give us a ballpark estimate when you think its plausible CV1 compatibility could be available? Do you think its a matter or days, or perhaps weeks, months?

As it stands, I am checking the website every few hours, I am so anxious to play some of my favorite games on the occulus for the first time.

rnatau
    Participant

Same for me… “very soon” just adds to the anxious checking ;-)

Jss0831
    Participant

Here here. I also check about ten times a day.

Tony Spaniels
    Participant

Same here, regular checking has become obsessive after reading Ralf’s last post there.

war61
    Participant

Same here, checking vorpx about every hour, specially on the weekends.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!