Outlast 2… holy wow

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Outlast 2… holy wow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    baylor703
    Participant

Just wanted to thank the devs of Vorpx… when I envision VR, most of the time I imagine playing amazing games in VR in a traditional sense with regular locomotion and controls. It’s insane that VR devs are ruining games by changing it to things that don’t work.

Alien Isolation with the Mother mod is amazing, and I’ve been looking for something similar for quite a while. Saw in the latest vorpx update that Outlast 2 is now available. I tried it, and holy cow. This is THE scariest experience I’ve ever played. Absolutely amazing. Nothing comes close. Not alien, not amnesia. Nothing.

You HAVE to try this if you’re into VR horror.

Thanks guys!

steph12
    Participant

thank you for the feedback.

i cant wait to play outlast 2 too !

i played in VR outlast 1 with vorpx and it was incredibly scarry !

Satya
    Participant

How is the head tracking? I didn’t see that listed in the support notes, any head swim when you look back and forth?

baylor703
    Participant

thank you for the feedback.

i cant wait to play outlast 2 too !

i played in VR outlast 1 with vorpx and it was incredibly scarry !

Outlast was one of my favorites with vorpx. The second is way better, you’re in for a treat.

How is the head tracking? I didn’t see that listed in the support notes, any head swim when you look back and forth?

The only problem I’ve had with headtracking is when I’m completely stationary the view will kind of oscillate one pixel in a random direction at a time sometimes. I think it has to do with mouse emulation but not sure. It’s not a big deal for me.

peteski123
    Participant

can you please let me know how you have set yours up as it does not look good for me, lots of warping etc ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you have that at the very beginning of the game (the school/hospital floor, can’t remember exactly), please play through this sequence in EdgePeek mode. FOV will be correct after this short intro. Normally a notification is shown about that.

Please also make sure to restart the game once (or maybe twice) when you are prompted to do so, to make sure the right FOV is actually applied.

baylor703
    Participant

can you please let me know how you have set yours up as it does not look good for me, lots of warping etc ?

Yes, playing in the beginning, even the school scene is wrong. Play until you get to the crashed helicopter at night and it should be fine. Also, I got the crystal ball effect unless I set the resolution to 4:3 (1920×1440, 1600×1200 etc). I’m not sure if fov didn’t auto correct at other ratios or what, but a 4:3 made it perfect.

The lighting was perfect if you keep gamma perfectly in the middle in the game options, and set it to about .7 gamma in vorpx settings. Hope this helps!

wolf8312
    Participant

Can anyone help me? I am getting a graphical corruption on the player models whenever I use vorpX in outlast 2, its like a crawling load of black specs all over each and every character including my own arms.

destynova
    Participant

hi, i get the same issue wolf8312 get. everything is fine except of the crawling black stains on the charater skin textures…

wolf8312
    Participant

Hey yes I just noticed that if I turn of geometry 3D and use one of the other options the problem goes away. Its not geometry of course but I find the performance is much better without so many graphical glitches and it is still 3D and fantastically immersive. Haven’t tried it properly yet though!

destynova
    Participant

thanks for the hint wolf8312. usually i prefer g3d, but i will give a try.

wolf8312
    Participant

Yeah there’s no doubt to be honest geometry is more amazing just dont know how to fix it!

wolf8312
    Participant

JUst to let you know I fixed this issue I had like 16 drivers out of date which I updated and also did a system reset (for an unrelated matter) and I no longer have graphical corruptions. Obviously then the problem was with my computer as it probably is with yours as well destynova.

destynova
    Participant

thanks for the advise again wolf8312, i gave it a try and updatet all my drivers with a driver software i bought. i also clean re installed win 10 recently, cause i wanted to get rid of the fall creators update, to improve my fallout4 vr performance… is the win fall creators update nessecary to run vorpx correct? however it didn t fixed the issue for me. do you still have a glitchfree performance in g3d?

nightfiree
    Participant

Setting a 4:3 resolution fixed having the bugged out hands for me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!