Outlast 2… holy wow

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Outlast 2… holy wow

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ymo1965
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I couldnt find specific Outlast 1 help so if you don’tmind I will ask here. I am real impressed how Vorpx is working for me but can’t seem to get proper full vr with the game. When I move my head the view of the game shifts from one side to the other. No real 3d view like other game. THe only way to do this is to use the mouse to change the view properly in 3d space. Has anyone managed to get proper head tracking with this game? it looks so good but this issue kind of spoils it a little.

If I could solve this issue without using the mouse then that would be the cherry on the cake for me. There wasnt the usual head scanning/tracking option in settings (del). It was missing for this game but was there for Borderlands. I’m pretty new to this program so any help appreciated. Thanks Ralf btw!

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Have you checked out this guide? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEwe3Zac7HM&t=217s

ymo1965
    Participant

Hey thanks. Missed this one. Appreciated! :)

mpmo
    Participant

Hey, the video you linked is for outlast 1. Can I still use it for outlast 2..? Because outlast 2 looks very warped for me for some reason..

Ralf
    Keymaster

The FOV set by vorpX is not used in the (short) start sequence in the school/hospital floor for some reason. Play through it in EdgePeek mode, afterwards the FOV is fine. There is a notification shown about that each time you start the game.

mpmo
    Participant

yeah i did get past that school nightmare thing. I was in the mountains after that, it looked very unnatural.. like, head movement wasn’t 1:1 with my real life head movement and i felt the view was unnatural too. Like, it wasn’t as perfect as portal/portal 2/stanley parable

Does anyone know if outlast (the first one) is better or not?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Depending on your mouse sensitivity you may have to adjust the head tracking sensitivity in games where head tracking isn’t handled by Direct VR to get 1:1 head tracking. While usually a default is dialed in that fits the default mouse sensitivity, that may not always be correct for your configuration.

The head tracking sensitivity setting is the last one on the main page of the vorpX ingame menu.

You can find this and other useful hints in the “Essential Hints” guide in the help.

mpmo
    Participant

ahh thank youuu

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!