Pimax – Skyrim no 3D with Vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Pimax – Skyrim no 3D with Vorpx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FR3D
    Participant

Fallout 4 is working with
    htcvive 1280 x 720 with 20 FPS (geometric 3D)

Fallout 4 is working with
    Pimax @ 1920 x 1080 (geometric 3D) with 36 FPS ???!!!! and looks wonderful (headtracker has a big drift, the picture smears with moving of the head – but it looks overall much better than vive for me)

Skyrim se is working with htc vive
    but is working with Pimax only 2D why ? I have no idea

Alien isolation is working with Pimax in geometric 3D also !

best regards

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case you didn’t do that already: you need to import this profile for Skyrim Special Edition. It’s not in the default database yet.

R3volve
    Participant

Just in case you didn’t do that already: you need to import this profile for Skyrim Special Edition. It’s not in the default database yet.

Thanks Ralf, this is exactly what I was looking for

FR3D
    Participant

Yes I know I used it for playing with the HTC Vive.
    With the Pimax it is not possible to switch from 2D to the 3D mode. (Vorpx ingame menue)

best regards

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds rather odd. Please check whether you can see the “Elder Scrolls Skyrim – SE” entry in the local profile list of the vorpX config app and that you can select the 3D mode in the vorpX ingame menu. If not, the profile is not imported correctly.

I assume you have vorpX configured as “HTC VIve” when using it with your Pimax. If that is the case, vorpX works the exact same way as with an actual HTC Vive. I don’t have a Pimax here to test, but I can’t really imagine any technical reason for it working on Vive, yet not on Pimax with the same settings.

On a side note: If you actually want to play Skyrim and not just try the SE, the original DX9 Skyrim is the preferred version for vorpX. Due to added fullscreen effects (volumetric lighting etc.) The SE’s performance is much more dependent on resolution. Especially with higher resolutions the original Skyrim performs quite a bit better with vorpX on the vast majority of PCs.

FR3D
    Participant

Yes you were right. I copied the profile in the vorpx folder – that was my fault. Drag and drop – very easy ;-))

the pimax is working now in 3d with vorpx.
    ( the drift of the pimax headtracker is horrible)

but why was skyrim se working with the vive ?

best regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!