Please wait forever.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Please wait forever.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    xnm
    Participant

Windows 10, GTX980, latest VorpX, DK2.

Unable to start games/desktop-viewer.

Hangs forever with “Please wait..” in headset.

Any suggestions?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There was one report earlier with a similar issue being solved by running vorpX as admin. The config app has a checkbox to enable run as admin easily.

One caveat: This is not recommended normally, so do only if absolutely necessary!

xnm
    Participant

Tried it with running vorpX as admin. No change.

zarlor
    Participant

Same set-up (Win 10, GTX980, DK2) and same issue here. Oculus Home version is 1.3.0.198914 (1.3.0.202883). I’ve set it for running as administrator as well as completely disabling Comodo (firewall/internet security/anti-virus software) which vorpX never had any issues with before but I thought I would try that just in case. I even tried just right-clicking vorpX with Run As Administrator that was as well, but no difference. It just goes to the disclaimer screen and when clicking past it just “Please wait …” endlessly. :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to actually uninstall Comodo completely for testing. This was one of the two top trouble makers in the past. And on top of that according to other reports apparently it can only be *really* disabled by uninstalling it. Also try to shut down everything else that wouldn’t be there on a Microsoft only Windows for testing.

Since this is a new release I wouldn’t be surprised at all about new issues with Comodo and BitDefender, which was the second top trouble maker in the past.

zarlor
    Participant

Loath as I am to do that (I’ve never had issues with vorpX and Comodo before, then again I have a clue how to configure it…) I went ahead and did a full uninstall of it. Made no difference, though. Still just sticks at “Please wait…” If I stop the vorpX service with the right-click on the vorpX icon on the tray it does go straight to the Oculus Home screen without any issues.

zarlor
    Participant

Not sure if it helps but I am seeing some Warning errors in the Windows Application log when I start vorpX such as the following:

“The description for Event ID 0 from source OculusVR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

15:29:40.735 {WARNING} [HW:Health]
    Hardware health is BAD.
    0100 202FYX07CJGR: 0x0 (0): ovrSuccess
    IMU Stats
    per total
    Messages 2497 216467
    Samples 4994 474458
    Lost 0 356
    Interpolated 0 0
    HMD Avg Latency 2
    p95 Latency 2
    CPU Avg Latency 71
    p95 Latency 977
    Set FR Failures 0
    Get FR Failures 0
    Last FR Failure Time 0.0
    Report Rate 500
    Temperature (C) 31.2

0087 212FYX07CJGR: 0xfffffffffffff05b (-4005): ovrError_ExcessiveFrameTruncation Sensor truncated a higher than acceptable number of frames in the last time period (expected <= 1, got 2)
    Frame reception stats
    per total
    Complete Frames : 298 25380
    Truncated Frames : 2 76
    Skipped Frames : 2 78
    Recovered Frames : 0 0
    JPEG Errors : 0 0
    Sensor Die Temp : 0.00
    Near USB Controller Temp : 0.00
    Near CCM Temp : 0.00
    USB Speed : 0x0200
    Driver Stats:
    Frames Delivered : 25456
    Iso Reads Submitted : 141451
    Iso Reads Completed : 141446
    Iso Reads Failed : 0
    Iso Read NtStatus : 0x00000000
    Iso Read UsbdStatus : 0x00000000
    Iso Read No Requests: 19
    Iso Read Cmpl Bytes : 9292408964
    Iso Read Total Bytes: 9227004764
    Bad Iso Packet Ctr : 202
    Last Bad IsoPkt Stat: -1073545216
    Last Bad IsoPkt Time: 583303
    Current Time : 589729.835327

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table”

Followed by an Error:

“The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[SetProcessGPUPriorityClass] Target process did not respond in time

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table”

zarlor
    Participant

One last note, I have dual 980s running in SLI mode. I tried disableing SLI just to see if that might be the issue but that made no difference either.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m fully aware that I’m just as wildly guessing as you are, but could you please try a full reinstall of the Oculus software. I’m not really familiar with the Oculus logs, but entries like

“15:29:40.735 {WARNING} [HW:Health] Hardware health is BAD.”

or

“Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.”

don’t sound as if everything is in order.

zarlor
    Participant

Agreed, but they don’t crop up with normal usage, just when I started vorpX, so I’m guessing it may just be that. I’ll try a reinstall, though, and let you know.

zarlor
    Participant

Well, no go on that. I’ll try to think of something else to look at, too.

zarlor
    Participant

Playing around a bit more I was looking at the Devices section in the Oculus Home app. and everything looks fine (connected, no errors) but when I start vorpX the Sensor flags a warning and when I switch to it the warning shows “Poor tracking quality (?)” clicking on the (?) then shows “Sensor sync cable disconnected”. Which I believe is what is causing the errors in the Application logs. However I also found this which leads me to believe it’s just a common issue of using the DK2 in general so it may not be related to vorpX at all. In other words I think that part is just a red herring, I’m sorry to say. Back to the drawing board…

DaUberNoober
    Participant

Same issue. Can’t ever get past please wait whenever activating vorpx.

Win 10, GTX770, latest VorpX, DK2, oculus 1.3.1

Tried running as administrator, and disabling avast ( antivirus) and no luck.

(I’d thought about getting vorpx for a long time but 1.3.1 with ATW pushed me over the edge. I’m really looking forward to this working)

Bonehead4life
    Participant

hi, i would like to report the same issue.

specs I7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3200MHz | GPU’S ASUS GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5 SLI | DK2@ 1.3

Bonehead4life
    Participant

i would like to add:

oculus app version 1.3.0.198914

and everything is green in oculus home settings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!