Please wait forever.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Please wait forever.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    fsp48
    Participant

Same here with Win 10, 980ti, DK2 latest Oculus. Did the web installer so latest VorpX intalled and everything else is up to date. Could actually having the other runtimes intalled with the switcher be the cause? I kept having Oculus Version 6 start at boot untill I disabled it a while ago. I have been using the runtime switcher since Oculus Home was released. Just can’t use VorpX desktop/theater yet. Would removing OVR and Oculus from the ignore section of the setting do anything?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, absolutely not, quite the opposite. Do not even think of doing that.

If the Oculus screen shows “Waiting” for more than a few seconds, the game almost certainly hangs for some reason.

Prior to the latest vorpX version this would just result in a black screen, but now you would see exactly this. The most likely cause of a program hanging on start is an injection conflict.

Please consult the trouble shooting guide for possible programs that may cause conflicts with vorpX. No. 1 candidates are virus scanners, but there are more. The guide list a few things to look for.

DK2 owners who had no problems with vorpX 0.9, please contact support |at| vorpx com for a way to get 0.9 back.

zarlor
    Participant

I don’t have the other runtimes installed so I don’t think that’s it. I did notice in this thread, however, that another person with the same issue, edo, is having the same problem but noticed that “ok got a few games to run, eg skyrim, batman, fallout 4, however I never get rid of that “Please waiting” screen which launches as soon as I start vorpx.”

I do have Skyrim so I may try to see if vorpX interfaces with it correctly later. He did state that GTAV and the vorpX Desktop (I have tried the latter) did NOT work from him, though. I think Ralf may have also misinterpreted his claims of the grey screen sowing up as being the disclaimer screen rather than the “Please Wait…” screen. So we’re definitely seeing something hang. Ralf did mention in that thread that you can contact support [at] vorpx.com to get the previous version of vorpX that runs with the 0.8 runtime if you really want to get up and running right away. Personally I’m fine sticking it out and seeing if we can figure out what’s happening, though. So far I think we are seeing a common thread here of Windows 10, GTX 980 cards and using the DK2. I do have a CV1 on the way, but I’m a :45 order so I suspect I won’t see it until probably May so I can’t be much help on seeing if that makes a difference for us.

fsp48
    Participant

Thanks for the warning Ralf. I was tempted to roll the dice but figured I’d hold off. So it’s mostly your built in desktop/theater that is hanging up in the transition from Oculus Home. Any type of log you could use to look at?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I will release an update later today that contains a potential (emphasis on potential) fix for the DK2 Desktop Viewer issue. Any feedback on that is highly welcome.

Logs and some other trouble shooting info can be collected in the config app (trouble shooting page).

zarlor
    Participant

Just ran the update (the Oculus runtime also had an update today) and I think maybe we’re sort of looking at behavior as expected. With the latest update now if I start vorpX it goes to Please Wait (without the mountains icon) but shortly thereafter gives a message of “Sorry, we’re having trouble loading vorpControl.exe. Please take off your headset and check your computer for error messages. You may need to close vorpControl.exe or address windows associated with it in order to get back to VR.” However… if I then do something like start the vorpx Desktop Viewer it start up just fine. I haven’t tested other games yet (I’ll do that when I get a chance and report back) BUT it seems likely that the error we are seeing in the DK2 isn’t really an error at all, it just means vorpX is waiting for something to send to the HMD. So everything may very well be working just fine and we just need to try and run stuff to get it to display!

Also once you exit Desktop Viewer it the DK2 just goes black. It’s still on (the blue light is on) but the actual display goes off, which I like and is actually something I expected might be expected behavior for vorpX. Starting it back up works just fine, too. So, Ralf, I think your latest fix probably did the trick it may just be a question of finding a way to handle that initial display of that error message instead and whether or not you intended to completely displace the Oculus Home display when vorpX isn’t otherwise doing anything (which I have no problems with, mind you, I think having the screen turn off is just fine.) Great job!

zarlor
    Participant

I just remembered I have Mass Effect 3 installed and ready to go so I started it up (without the Desktop Viewer running, mind you, as I saw Ralf suggest in another thread) and it popped up perfect! The black smear is as bad as usual, but that’s a DK2 issue. ;) So at least in quick testing vorpX does seem to be working just fine (outside of the oddities on startup mentioned above.) Yay!

Metalsech
    Participant

Yep getting the same thing here. I literally purchased VorpX today and was really looking forward to checking Eldar Scrolls Online out in VR at last. Not a great start. I’ve got a DK2 and the newly updated Oculus Home. When I switch on VorpX Control the screen in Oculus Home resets, then displays the message “Sorry we’re having trouble loading VorpXcontrol.exe. Please take off your headset and check your computer for error messages. You may need to close vorpxControl.exe or address windows associated with it in order to get back to VR.”

I’m guessing the new version of the runtime has gone and stopped it working, and we need to wait for a VorpX update?

zarlor
    Participant

Metalsech, I think you misread me. Despite the error everything seems to be working. Try running ESO and see if it starts up in vorpX for you.

DaUberNoober
    Participant

I just tried things with the new updates (both oculus and vorpx)

Initially I was receiving error messages from vorpx about not being able to find the DK2, which was followed by a message saying that files or folders were missing & I should re-install vorpx.

For this go around I tried uninstalling my antivirus (avast) & then re-installing vorpx.

the dk2 is now detected & I am able to start the desktop viewer!

I haven’t tried a game yet, I wanted to document my process/ steps before going forward. I also want to install another antivirus (avira) as I don’t feel real comfortable without one.

I’ll write more as things continue.

Edit: on install of antivirus (Avria) vorpconfig.exe was flagged as a Trojan. (I then set the warning to “ignore”)

Overall my issue seems resolved! I’ve been able to launch the desktop viewer & a game (gone home) with no issues.

thanks for all the support

xnm
    Participant

The new update has solved it for me. Thanks Ralf.

Metalsech
    Participant

You’re right zarlor, you can go ahead and launch games anyway despite the message in Oculus Home. Successfully been rifting on Mirrors Edge and Outlast. However Eldar Scrolls Online currently doesn’t work for whatever reason. Brings up message “Sorry we’re having trouble loading ESO.exe”

alegse
    Participant

I have been using DK2 and VorpX 16.1.2 and it seems to work quite well for Skyrim so far.
    I do notice sometimes it does not attach and the game is displayed on my main monitor and my oculus has only a black screen. This has happened a few times and I found it worked if I just restarted the oculus service and vorpX.
    I also got the “poor tracking quality” warning a few times in the oculus service but this does not seem to affect the game at all.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!