Problems with Resident Evil 7

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Problems with Resident Evil 7

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Moro
    Participant

This is frustrating me. When I load it up using vorpx, a lot of the time the client just crashes and sometimes it gives me an open VR error. When it does work, it would randomly switch back to the blue screen, forcing me to exit steam VR and try again. Am I doing anything wrong?

Moro
    Participant

Just got in the house and it did it again. When it went to the blue screen it said “Now_playing_String” in a box and it hung. The game is still running. It’s just the VR which keeps cutting out for some reason. It appears to run okay when it does work.

steph12
    Participant

vorpx crashes for me also often specially when i try to change vorpx setting ingame, as soon as i hit a key on the keyboard, vorpx crashes, that does not happen with let’s say skyrim.

steph12
    Participant

reinstalling a fresh vorpx, or loading default vorpx settings doesnt seem to fix this issue.

Moro
    Participant

Well atleast I’m not alone, but VR was the reason I got Resident Evil 7, so kinda sucks it is not working properly. Hope there is a fix.

vpxtst
    Participant

Try turning off steam overlay for this game in the properties in steam library. Also try to keep head and mouse still while game loads until the video begins playing

Moro
    Participant

Ralf, is there a fix for this? Pretty annoying to play the game when VR keeps cutting out all the time.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Have you tried to run as Vorpx Administrator?
    in my case it helped a lot.

Totius
    Participant

I’m using a Rift S. I enter in the game, the rift controllers are visible, but cannot press the start a new game button.. Any idea?

TheBalt
    Participant

I’m using a Rift S. I enter in the game, the rift controllers are visible, but cannot press the start a new game button.. Any idea?

RE7 doesnt have motion control support to my understanding and would be more likely to operate on just a plugged in ps4 or xbox controller.

vorpx doesnt create motion tracking in a game – thats impossible without the actual developers creating the code for it.

Vorpx displays old games in variations of 3d, but thats the extent of the program. in some cases Ralf has managed 6dof (which is incredible btw, he deserves credit for that)…. but Ralf cant ‘create’ motion tracking in a game he makes a profile for.

You CAN use oculus controllers with Vorpx, but they wont be tracked or anything, theyll just operate as a normal gampad, but thats a setting in the vorpx menus if you press the DEL button on your keyboard and scroll thru.

I think youre misunderstanding what this program does.. or you only have oculus controllers and have no choice but to use them – if thats the case, you can set up controls for touch in vorpx settings DEL menu in game

Totius
    Participant

Hi, TheBalt. Thanks for your answer. I was playing this game with vorpx more than one year ago. I got tired to wait for an official port, so I wanted to get back and play the game with vorpx. At the time, I was able playing with the touch controllers, using them basically as a gamepad (never had any other pretense). I’m just saying that now, when I enter the game the touch’s buttons seem like are not answering properly. In VR I cans see the virtual labels on the controllers. And they are recognized. The only problem is that they seems not interacting with the game.

TheBalt
    Participant

Hi, TheBalt. Thanks for your answer. I was playing this game with vorpx more than one year ago. I got tired to wait for an official port, so I wanted to get back and play the game with vorpx. At the time, I was able playing with the touch controllers, using them basically as a gamepad (never had any other pretense). I’m just saying that now, when I enter the game the touch’s buttons seem like are not answering properly. In VR I cans see the virtual labels on the controllers. And they are recognized. The only problem is that they seems not interacting with the game.

Okay – my bad 4 misunderstanding.. then i genuinely dont know what a resolution would be… youve aready tried disabling known game overlays, on and off. Could be something with steam controller integration if overlay is allowed on?

sorry. just spitballing now cause i really am not sure, let me think about it a bit more and see if i can think of what else it might be, i dont have a rift s either so i cant run tests, running on cv1 with touch controllers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!