Quest 2 or Pico 4?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Quest 2 or Pico 4?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Squidach
    Participant

Hi there! A VR user in genesis here :)

Although I still don’t own a VR headset, I purchased vorpX more than a year ago because I liked the project so much, and I just had to grab it.
    I do plan to use it frequently when I finally buy the headset.

I need your help in deciding one thing:
    Pico 4 grabbed my attention, and I am still deciding whether should I pull the trigger on it, or go for Quest 2.
    I am aware of the pancake lenses, higher resolution, better comfort, and all other benefits, but really, the deciding factor is the following:

Can it run vorpX or not? If not, that is a deal breaker for me.

Any help on the subject would be helpful.
    Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Take that with a little grain of salt, I don’t have a Pico, but since it can handle SteamVR games, it will almost certainly work fine with vorpX via SteamVR.

Squidach
    Participant

Thanks Ralf!
    That sounds logical. Still, I hope for a Pico 4 owner to fully clear the mist.

Zinguy
    Participant

I’m a owner of Pico 4. Maybe I have a bad setup, but it doesn’t seem to work perfectly with SteamVR. I have already sent an official email so that Pico 4 can be supported as well.

vivaslotonline99
    Participant

Maybe I have a bad setup, but it doesn’t seem to work perfectly with SteamVR. I have already sent an official email so that Pico 4 can be supported as well.

matteo39
    Participant

up

Ghost75757
    Participant

I read on another forum that the Pico 4 still has some driver related issues when it comes to proper rendering, one eye is stuttering making the experience not smooth.. I think few things they need to fix, I would still opt for Quest 2 any day as its very well optimized now or wait for Quest 3.

v301
    Participant

Pico 4 is the equivalent 1080px vertical field of view of a classic monitor presenting 100% sharpness. And it’s much better than the Hp reverb g2 or Meta Quest 2 which I had before and sent back to the store I estimate about 720px vertically on a standard monitor. The rest of the space around 1080px (540px top 540px bottom to full 2160px height) from the center of the screen is blurry. No perfect lenses of the VR set have been produced yet, presenting 100% sharpness of the entire field of view, but Pico 4 is the best available today. December 2022 in 4K. 2160×2160 72mm IPD native screen resolution.

onetoo
    Participant

I’m waiting for the Quest 3. I just like the Oculus drivers better with VorpX. Until then, I’m going to enjoy my Quest 2 which is more appropriate for me anyhow since I only have a 3060ti. I should have a 4060 or better by the time the Quest 3 comes out which should pair well with the Q3. Sure I could get a higher quality used RTX card cheaper now, but I like to get the latest card variants with the latest software and hardware features while not spending outside of my comfort zone.

matteo39
    Participant

i’ve a rtx 2060, is better a quest 2 for it?

Squidach
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys!

Still, we don’t have Pico 4 user clearly confirming that vorpX works on Pico 4.

So the question is still open. Can Pico 4 run vorpX?

wolfh
    Participant

UP
    Im very interested

gmwhitehead
    Participant

Registered for this forum to post: Pico 4 is working fine here with VorpX in SteamVR mode.

System Specs: RX6800 GPU, Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, if those are useful.

moarveer
    Participant

Great to hear, I’ve got mine but haven’t tested Vorpx yet, I’m waiting for a new gpu to get the max out of those 4k screens.

Razor
    Participant

Registered for this forum to post: Pico 4 is working fine here with VorpX in SteamVR mode.

Thanks for information! Just bought Pico 4 too :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!