Question for Halo: Master Chief Collection owners

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Question for Halo: Master Chief Collection owners

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Does anyone know whether there is a way to disable Easy Anti Cheat for the X-Box Gamepass version of the game? The Steam version allows to choose when the game is launched, but the Gamepass version doesn’t seem to have that as far as I can tell. Maybe there is some trick?

Would be a shame if the profile I’m working on would be limited to the Steam version.

TheBalt
    Participant

Not that i know of, Ralf and i use the application regularly. their anti cheat garbage is too extreme, i got nothing running and cant even get gears 5 to launch because their anti cheat system is so overzealous, i have no clue what it thinks its finding but ive tried disabling everything and it wont even launch a game WITHOUT Vorpx being involved.

I have had Gamepass games work perfectly with Vorpx that were single player – like Darksiders 3 worked 100% fine. Outer Worlds worked fine but there was another user who had controller issues with the GamePass version as well, I think the profile just wasnt able to get into the ini files or whatever it is you usually tweak to get the mk/controller functionality to work at same time.

So, sorry, thats not exactly an answer to your question, but my experience with this program, even on its own, has been sketch. Vorpx has worked for single player games, but Outer Worlds did have a control problem I think another user replicated, neither of us could figure it out.

So – long story short – you work hard for us and i appreciate you coming out and just asking bluntly to help make the program more functional for us – but i think youre fighting an impossible battle with the current iteration of Xbox Game Pass games. Its going to work sometimes but I wouldnt stress it, as a consumer, I appreciate you trying to get it to work – but dont beat yourself up over this one at all; its very much so still an application with many of its own issues that are totally out of your control.

Thanks for your time and be safe with the craziness going on!

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you are still in contact with the guy, let him know that in The Outer Worlds the DirectVR scanner has to be run before the gamepad works natively. Prior to that the issue you described occurs.

That’s not related to GamePass. Some games don’t allow mouse and gamepad input at the same time, so whenever vorpX emulates a mouse for head tracking issues like you described can arise in affected games. Normally vorpX handles such cases with its built in gamepad to mouse/kb emulator, but in The Outer World that doesn’t work for some reason.

After a successful DirectVR scanner run however the gamepad can be used natively in The Outer Worlds. Same for Halo MCC by the way.

TheBalt
    Participant

Gotcha, ill give it a shot myself, thanks sir!

Spoons
    Participant

I have it from the game pass, on my Start button scrolling to H, I have 2 options to launch Halo MCC Anti Cheat Disabled (mods and Limited services) and the regular launch option. Is that not the same??

dellrifter22
    Participant

Beardo Benjo the Youtuber had it working soon after launch, so it was at least possible at one point, if not still.

I believe there are multiple executables, the one Beardo identified was:

mcc-win64-shipping-winstore.exe

I am unsure though if using gamepass differs in any way to the typical windows store.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks guys! I only tried launching from the Xbox app and didn’t check the start menu at all…

Only half-way there though, but that’s a start at least. While I have the start menu shortcut Spoons mentions, clicking it leads to the Windows Store and a full reinstall of the game. I’ll try that hoping it will work afterwards. If not they probably indeed didn’t include the no anticheat option in the game pass version.

Edit: Doesn’t work for me with game pass. After the forced reinstall the game now launches without EAC and vorpX can hook into it, but the game complains about campaigns being unavailable when I try to start one although it lists them as installed… So I guess it’s Steam/Windows Store purchase only in this case. Unless this is some individual issue here, game pass users will be out of luck apparently.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I don’t yet have GamePass, but this article claims the GamePass app has the same two exe options as the other versions (under Recently Played?). See the bottom screenshot:

http://www.stevivor.com

So there must be some way around it I imagine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I did have the start menu shortcut Spoons mentioned, but clicking it brought up the Windows Store which wanted me to reinstall the game. Afterwards I could launch the non-EAC version and vorpX could hook it, but when I started a campaign the game complained that the campaign isn’t available although it was clearly listed as installed in the menu. Go figure.

Might be some conflict due to having the Steam version installed in parallel or whatever, but in case it’s a general issue and not just something individual on my end I think the important message here is that game pass users may be out of luck.

kjracing81
    Participant

I have the gamepass version and works perfectly for me launching the anti cheat version, originally from start menu but now from a shortcut I dragged to desktop. I had those install issues at first when I installed the game but once it had done a load of downloads it now works every time with dellrifters profile for both reach and CE. Just persevere Ralf.

angelayla
    Participant

Sorry Ralf, will the profile be included tomorrow for the steam version? My Vorpx group is very expected for it.

Spoons
    Participant

Yeah sorry Ralf I’d seen it in the start menu but never actually tried it, I was waiting for the guy who did the Alien Isolation to bring out some mod as I had seen he was playing about with it a while back. I’ll try downloading the other version without EAC and see if I can get anywhere with it.

Spoons
    Participant

Just tried it and didn’t need to download another version or anything, it worked straight off. Using dellrifters22’s profile worked although really jittery when looking around playing Reach. I tried the original Halo and that worked fine. Maybe performance was degraded a little when landing on the Halo planet as it was out doors? and the beginning is more confined. On the ship like.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Good to hear. I guess my issue with the game pass version was related to having the Steam version installed at the same time then.

I get the same jitter with Reach here also with the Steam version. The official profile will work with Reach, but only ‘officially’ support the original campaign. That has all DirectVR bells and whistles vorpX can provide though, so it’s working really well.

BTW: From the looks of it unfortunately every campaign (i.e. game) will need a individual set of profile settings, so don’t expect things to work automatically when MS releases more campaigns in the future. The MCC .exe is just a container that loads each game separetely as DLL, so in the end there almost certainly will have to be seven sets of profile settings to cover all seven original games.

kjracing81
    Participant

I solved the jittery bit by disabling all vorpx gamepad and Xbox pad over rides and using xpadder. It’s perfect now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!