Question: What games with TrackIR support are you guys playing?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Question: What games with TrackIR support are you guys playing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

The next vorpX version will be able to handle TrackIR head tracking fully automated, making it easier to get the best possible tracking in (mostly sim-) games with TrackIR support – with the added benefit of the tracking data being provided by vorpX, which has a few advantages on its own.

I’d like to enable that per default for as many profiles as possible, currently on my list are: Flight Simulator 2020, Star Citizen, Arma III, F1 2019, F1 2020. That should cover the most popular candidates. If you happen to play other TrackIR games with vorpX, let me know and I’ll see whether I can improve their profiles accordingly before the next release.

daggey
    Participant

Yes, MSFS2020 , Star Citizen, Arma III are the ones I play. Thanks Ralf, this sounds awesome.

Matt
    Participant

I’ve been setting up F1 2019 with trackIR, close but not perfect so native support would be great. Maybe The Crew, or GRID but I’ve not tried these yet. Thanks Ralf.

Mesenzio
    Participant

This is fantastic news!
    MechWarrior Online supports trackIR, as well as Freespace 2 SCP.

Mesenzio
    Participant

Also Evochron and Arvoch.

kurry
    Participant

Train Simulator.. I’m not sure if this works with Vorpx, don’t have my headset yet.

Mesenzio
    Participant

The X series, at least X3, Rebirth and X4 support head tracking as well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks guys. The only one from the games you mentioned that has an official profile is X3 I think, so I’ll stick to the popular ones from the original post as far as turning on the feature per default is concerned. For these games vorpX will auto enable TrackIR in the game options if possible (or tell you how to do that if not).

I’d very much liked to have everything automated even for untested games, but since in many games TrackIR has to be enabled in the game options, just checking whether it is present is not enough to be sure that it’s actually active unfortunately.

You will however be able to easily enable the feature yourself in any game where vorpX can detect TrackIR support. Whenever that is the case, there will be a notification about TrackIR being available and an according option on the ‘Head Tracking’ page of the vorpX menu. So in untested games you’ll basically just have to turn on TrackIR in the game and in vorpX and in the majority of cases you should be good to go. Still way, way more streamlined than having to configure everything manually for TrackIR as before.

erised
    Participant

f1 2020 currently.

Mesenzio
    Participant

This is absolutely great Ralf, thank you for the update.

testaguzza mario
    Participant

farming 17 19

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ testaguzza mario: Is there anything special that has to be done to enable TrackIR in FS2019? I’d really like to add this one to the list with per default enabled TrackIR support, but couldn’t make it work in the game.

testaguzza mario
    Participant

ok Ralf

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just figured it out myself using good old Google. Apparently it’s only available in vehicles but not on foot if I understand things correctly. Will check that tomorrow.

slydog43
    Participant

Great news, is an update close by?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!