Question: What games with TrackIR support are you guys playing?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Question: What games with TrackIR support are you guys playing?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Unless something unforeseen comes up it will be released later this week.

daggey
    Participant

Awesome – looking forward to it

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that it will take a few days longer, sometime next week. Got a bit sidetracked by some minor optimizations in another area of vorpX over the last days.

slydog43
    Participant

Thanks for the update, good luck.

slydog43
    Participant

Maybe today is the day (I think many updates have come on friday)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Still needs a few days, sorry. WIll definitely be out next week, probably Thursday.

slydog43
    Participant

Once again, Thanks for the info. I love telling people about this awesome product in big Screen. So many people do not know anything about it.

slipstream
    Participant

Can’t wait for this update. Roll on Thursday.

slipstream
    Participant

Are we still good for the update release tomorrow?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nope, sorry (again…). It’s done now as far as programming is concerned, but I need a bit more time for additional testing.

The reason is a good one though: I did some D3D11 G3D refactoring/optimizing for the last two weeks, which will reduce CPU usage quite a bit. Since low level changes like this affect a large number of games they need rigorous testing, which isn’t fully done yet.

I think it’s worth the wait though: in CPU bound scenarios DX11 Geometry 3D will be 15%-20% faster pretty much across the board. Note that this “only” applies if a game is CPU bound, i.e. GPU usage is below 100%. If the GPU is the limiting factor, vorpX will still be more efficient CPU wise, but you won’t notice much of a difference as far a s framerate is concerned.

slipstream
    Participant

Thanks for the update without the update Ralph. I will install open track for the time being in that case until it is ready.

Detox
    Participant

Dirt 3 is one of the better games I’ve played with TrackIR support, since it supports Full VR mode. Most games I’ve tried with TrackIR tend to exaggerate the camera motion a lot, leading to enough motion sickness over time that I end up turning it off. I wonder if there is a way to alter the TrackIR data to force the camera to simply rotate with your head, like a native VR camera, and not also change its position.

slipstream
    Participant

Any update on the update please?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The TrackIR functionality will now come with the next regular vorpX update instead of doing a maintenance release just for this. Won’t be long anymore.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The TrackIR functionality will come with the next regular vorpX update instead of doing a maintenance release just for this as I had planned originally. Still not quite finished, but it won’t be long anymore. You should get it automatically when it is released.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!