Rage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

the profile for “rage” has always been present among the official ones, but now it is clear that it is not usable because it does not show either g3d or z-normal.

Is it possible to eliminate it, Ralf, since at least then we could use the original exe to try to create a custom profile? Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As explained several times, I believe even to you in person, unfortunately there will be no 3D with any profile for Rage, sorry. The game is based on OpenGL and vorpX does not have 3D support for newer OpenGL versions that are based on shaders. No profile will change that unless support for shader based OpenGL would be added to vorpX.

Due to the relatively small number of OpenGL games that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

matteo39
    Participant

ok, but just two questions to think about concluding the rage \ id tech 5 speech :

-I saw that in the cloud there is a profile for “wolfenstein the new order” in g3d, and this game uses the same rage engine, id tech 5.can we use it to try to play rage with vorpx via custom profile?

-since rage is impossible to use with vorpx, currently, why it still appears for some time between the official profiles?

I’m sorry for the meticulousness, but for years I try to start rage with vorpx, failing every time :)

thanks for your patience, ralf

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sorry, but did you actually read the reply above?

… vorpX does not have 3D support for newer OpenGL versions that are based on shaders. No profile will change that unless support for shader based OpenGL would be added to vorpX.

Due to the relatively small number of OpenGL games that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

matteo39
    Participant

I clearly read above, but I wondered, I think rightly, why the profile of rage still appears among those official and supported, if instead it is not usable with vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It doesn’t. Supported games are on the list of supported games. A profile being available doesn’t necessarily have to mean mean that a game is supported in 3D. The Rage profile is for those who enjoy it in 2D.

Apologies for sounding a litlle bit annoyed, I gave you the exact same answer already merely two weeks ago: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/i-want-to-play-rage-with-vorpx/#post-175859

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!