Ralph, can I start installing elder scrolls online? :)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Ralph, can I start installing elder scrolls online? :)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    alikair
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I dont fully understand FOV and how it relates to the resolution but will read up. The only way I know how to change the games resolution to match my
    1440×1600 resolution per eye (2880×1600 combined resolution) would be to
    1. change my desktop resolution to match the 2880×1600 and then start ESO in window full screen mode. that allows me to pick the custom resolution.
    Then I can switch my desktop back and the game will then offer me that custom rez.

Would that accomplish the matching of the FOV or am I just digging myself a hole?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Field of view is the camera angle of the game’s ingame camera. Changing the resolution may affect it in some games, but doesn’t have to. ESO has an FOV slider in the game’s graphics options IIRC, raising it until it matches the headset FOV might be enough to make the game look correct in FullVR mode.

Unfortunately FOV adjustment can’t be automated for every game, hence Immersive Screen Mode was introduced some time ago to let you play almost any game as immersive as possible without tinkering in case vorpX can’t do it automatically.

steph12
    Participant

here you go

https://www.gamemodi.net/#hook64

i’ve been using it for teso for months and never been banned, i use it for FoV, tweaking rendering distances etc.

works great with vorpx.

alikair
    Participant

Im thinking ill take the 40 buck loss for now. it just aint worth my time to make it work. Maybe next time, dont add this game to the list of games that work with Borx

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to reset the profile back to its default in the config app, leave it set to immersive screen mode afterwards and don’t tweak settings. The default settings are chosen for a reason. Without a bit more experience you will likely do more harm than good by tweaking.

Just move the screen a bit closer until it mostly fills your view if you want full immersion. That’s not too far away from Full VR mode immersion wise and your don’t have to tinker with anything.

grumdark
    Participant

here you go

https://www.gamemodi.net/#hook64

i’ve been using it for teso for months and never been banned, i use it for FoV, tweaking rendering distances etc.

works great with vorpx.

Ok,I just tried this mod and it can work, even with Vorpx.

My question is, what value for FOV with TESO is it advisable to write inside this MOD to use with a Samsung Odyssey VR headset?

If I get this correctly…TESO would be working on FullVR with Vorpx and headset for the first time, without the need to use immersive mode.
    Otherwise, I prefer traditional 3D screen or immersive mode for Vorpx and VR headset with this title specifically.

steph12
    Participant

sorry i dont know for samsung odyssey VR but you can tweak FoV inside the game when the tool is launched (just alt+tab when game is in windowed mode to bring the tool window), or if it doesnt work for you, log out, change values in the ini and log back in, you have different FoV to set for first person mode and third person mode, but i’m sure you noticed that already ^^

Baktus
    Participant

Thank you steph12!

FoV is always the difference, maybe up from 160-180 makes it excelent for vr.

Now only 1 pers. play possible, for hours, 40 fps with z normal :) :) :)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!