Rank your 5 best Vorpx games.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Rank your 5 best Vorpx games.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    broksampson
    Participant

1.rocket league
    2. Doom 2016
    3. Outlast 1
    4. Outlast 2 (not real geometry unfortunately)
    5. Alien isolation, until that mod came out which is way better.

Would love to know if these games run in geometry mode:
    1.Dining light
    2.dead space 1-3
    3.mass effect andromeda
    4. The evilness within 2
    5. Players unknown battleground

ymo1965
    Participant

If you like Descent then maybe try ‘Overload’. It’s available on steam. Same devs as Descent and very similar too. Great in vr :)

Phantomroro
    Participant

1 kindom come deliverance
    2 abzu
    3 mass effect 3

thats as far as i got right now just got vorpx
    so trying some games

RJK_
    Participant

I see you guys mainly playing newer games. How about some older ones.

I haven t been palying so many games in VR yet (rather fixing em, haha)
    so here are my favorites so far

-Hunted: The Demons Forge
    -Hellgate London

Phantomroro
    Participant

I play grid that one looks pretty cool

mpmo
    Participant

why do so many recommend doom even if it doesn’t have geometry 3D..?

MagicMarco
    Participant

Dark Souls 3 plays incredibly well, in both 1st person (with a mod from Nexus) or I found it works best for me in a zoomed out, almost to a Diablo 3 level. However, all forms of head tracking work great so I just lean in to zoom tight, and push off to zoom way out. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between the touch controllers and mouse keyboard. Both work well and offer very different game experiences.

There can be some graphical glitches if you push it, but I’m about 2/3rd’s of the way through and couldn’t imagine how I played it the first time without. It feels like an entirely different game. Good Luck, let me know if anyone wants my Vorpx profile.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Newly found AI improvement for Aliens Colonial Marines, the way it was meant to be… Just a heads up to fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

steph12
    Participant

Newly found AI improvement for Aliens Colonial Marines, the way it was meant to be… Just a heads up to fans:

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_SdkxbgOV0&w=1610&h=803%5D

did you try it with the new ai fix ?

rtoast
    Participant

Just a heads up for everyone eager to play Dying Light.

I was one of those people who had Dying Light on my wishlist for geo3D support for forever.

Techland however secretly added VR support in one of the recent patches. I feel like it was stealth released cause they don’t want to “officially” support it.

But there’s a tweak you can make in one of the config files that will enable VR and it works amazingly well. Probably my favorite VR experience next to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It doesn’t have motion/touch support but in terms of “presence” or scale, it basically looks as good as any native VR game or the best possible geo3D vorpx game.

I am aware that this same tweak was viable around the time the rift DK2’s were released but broke when CV1 came out. However this recent update added it back in and can be played on the cv1

xrc6
    Participant

I was one of those people who had Dying Light on my wishlist for geo3D support for forever.

Techland however secretly added VR support in one of the recent patches. I feel like it was stealth released cause they don’t want to “officially” support it.

But there’s a tweak you can make in one of the config files that will enable VR and it works amazingly well. Probably my favorite VR experience next to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It doesn’t have motion/touch support but in terms of “presence” or scale, it basically looks as good as any native VR game or the best possible geo3D vorpx game.

I am aware that this same tweak was viable around the time the rift DK2’s were released but broke when CV1 came out. However this recent update added it back in and can be played on the cv1

Whats the tweak? I tried the game quite a while back with VorpX and it was a horrid experience, mostly the FOV but interesting they made VR support, maybe I can get back into it as I never really made it far beyond the tutorial mission

steph12
    Participant

yes it works but the UI is not designed for VR.

onetoo
    Participant

What about the cutscenes? At least with vorpx you can use edgepeak. Are they an issue with the current native implement?

onetoo
    Participant

I got the fov Working well with vorpx. Found the following on the net.

Goto: C:\Program Files\Dying Light\DW\

Open: Data0.pak\data\skills\default_levels.xml

Change:
    prop n=”CameraDefaultFOV” v=”52.0″

to:
    prop n=”CameraDefaultFOV” v=”90.0″

Here’s instructions to get it working native

Native Oculus Home support discovered in Dying Light latest update
    by u/budwheizzah in oculus

rtoast
    Participant

Actually I’ve been playing it and FOV is fine and so is the UI/HUD.
    Like i said, it’s basically on par with native support, cutscenes are still on rails so if that gives you motion sickness its not entirely resolved

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!