Reason to use Vorpx with Subnautica?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Reason to use Vorpx with Subnautica?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zhdun
    Participant

Hi, ive seen vorpx cloud profiles in the list and wondered about reasons to use vorpx in subnautica as the game has VR support by itself.

Is there any benefit of using vorpx over the games own VR support? Just wondering, because i own subnautica but didn’t played it for long time already. Was not realy happy with VR visual quality and performance too.

dborosev
    Participant

I can generally get better visuals with games using VorpX, as I play a lot in Cinema/Immersive modes and I don’t need 80-90fps, I can get away with 30-40 and crank up the visuals if thats what I’m after.
    Eg. I’d rather play skyrim/fallout4 in VorpX as I can do this with all the mods, etc.

But subnautica I’d rather just use VR.

matteo39
    Participant

maybe to play sub-zero, the add on ! :)

zhdun
    Participant

na, for subzero there are separate profiles. Subzero is also not an addon, its on its own, basically subnautica 2.

Oisin
    Participant

Official VR support was dropped for Subnautica long before release.
    They should really unlist from VR categories on steam as many UI elements are very broken in current state.

If I recall correctly the Cyclops (in game vehicle) in particular is very broken in VR.

Side note: I played through about 30 hours of Below Zero with VORPX and loved it.

onetoo
    Participant

There are mods to fix the VR in Subnautica (including cyclops) and add VR to SubZero.

https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/173

https://www.notion.so/Subnautica-Below-Zero-VR-Mod-beta-08645fc02a1f4d039c2f25bfd515a140

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!