Request: Move Dead or Alive 5 profile to the cloud

Homepage Forums Technical Support Request: Move Dead or Alive 5 profile to the cloud

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Papa Plastic
    Participant

Hey Ralf, I have a conflict.
    DoA5’s profile uses game.exe but Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure also uses game.exe.

I guess that means Gurumin is launching with DoA5’s profile which is causing flickering title screen and no geometry 3D.

I’ve tried importing known geo 3D game profiles into the DoA5 profile but I don’t think it’s working that way.

So, please In the next update take the DoA5 profile off from the local list (or give us the option to do so) so it won’t conflict with any other game that uses the common game.exe.

Laser
    Participant

Is there a workaround for conflicting .exe files? I can´t delete the Dead or Alive profile or remove the process .exe from it because its a default profile. Also I can´t change the other games .exe file because it won´t launch anymore and causes other issues with steam?

dellrifter22
    Participant

For one game I used the SteamEdit tool as described by moadepth here.

Making a renamed copy of the game.exe and selecting it from “Edit Launch/Executable:” worked for me, but sometimes this assignment did not survive a steam reboot and I had to do it again.

It’s not as convenient as it maybe could be, but an option for now.

Laser
    Participant

Thanks, I managed to get the game running now with different name, so there is no conflicting .exes anymore. Never heard about this tool before, seems handy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!