Request: Profile for Observer System Redux

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Request: Profile for Observer System Redux

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bjr84
    Participant

With the System Redux of Observer releasing this year, I thought Id ask for support in developing a profile for this game. If anyone can create and post on the Cloud Profiles, thatd be amazing!! Id love to be able to play with Vorpx on day 1!
    Ben

mariametro
    Participant

I’ll co-sign this. The original observer works really well in vr. It would be nice if the remaster would too.

moarveer
    Participant

So the game is out, anyone tried it with Vorpx?

Ogrescar
    Participant

It’s DX12. It works well with the Death Standing and Red Dead Redemption II profiles – I think the latter works better but I didn’t test it extensively.

In any event, it looks pretty awesome. Haven’t got much into it yet, but so far so good.

mariametro
    Participant

Are we sure it’s dx12 only? I’m to understand the game has two launchers, a dx11 version and a dx12 version (for RTX effects).

Its spec listing on steam also seems to suggest it’s dx11 compliant.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Apparently the GOG version doesn’t have a launcher, and there’s no switch in the game’s options to change dx versions. However, I started the game with -dx11 in the commandline and hooked it with an Unreal Engine profile. The G3D works that way – it’s gonna need some tweaking but looks pretty good.

moarveer
    Participant

Really interesting, are you using full vr? If so did you manage to increase the fov?

moarveer
    Participant

I asked in the game forums and it looks like the redux version has a slider fov for up to 120 fov, and since it’s UE4 and dx11, it looks like a good candidate for fullvr and geo3d, so Ralf any chance that we could get an official profile for this? I can’t think of a game more appropiate for VR than this cyberpunk detective tale, bladerunner style.

kem
    Participant

I raise my hand for an official profile! Please.

Ogrescar
    Participant

The built-in fov slider works well. I tried vorpx fov enhancement and it works but the shadows get misplaced, and my headset crashed when I set it to the max value. Not that I intended playing that way.

Borvath
    Participant

I never experienced the original one with -vr, does it feel close to that?

dborosev
    Participant

Does the existing profile for the 2017 Observer (which is G3D) work?

Ogrescar
    Participant

That profile works, sort of. The shadows aren’t identified correctly and some elements only appear in one eye. I’ve had better luck with other profiles, but all have issues of some sort with shadows. They can’t be turned off in the game settings, only lowered, and I tried to turn them off completely in the .ini file to no avail.

mariametro
    Participant

This all sounds really promising. Fingers crossed an official profile rolls out in the future.

dborosev
    Participant

@Ogrescar: Have you tried tweaking it with the shader editing tool? I did it once for a game and it was really fairly simple once you understand it. Check it out in the help section.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!