Request: Profile for Observer System Redux

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Request: Profile for Observer System Redux

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

I fixed the hud with the shader tool – that was easy because there are only 2 shaders for it. The shadows have proven to be much more difficult. I’m still working on it; just gonna take some time to sort them out and/or go to a different base profile.

matteo39
    Participant

it uses unreal engine 4

can we try another ue4 profile?

Ogrescar
    Participant

I’ve tried all of the UE4 profiles. Most of them work, some have problems with particles or other elements in only one eye, and they all have problems with shadows and bloodstains. I’m not sure that the problems can be fixed with the shader editor – so far everything I’ve tried has produced unwanted side effects.

I’m probably just gonna go back to DX12, turn on ray-tracing (maybe), and play the game in Z3D.

dborosev
    Participant

Using what profile for Z3D?

Ogrescar
    Participant

Red Dead Redemption II

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks Ogrescar, and good work trying to get it working. I guess Z3D will have to do for now. Its funny because as I watched gameplay footage of the game, my first thought was “holly crap there is so much going on visually with multi layered effects this is gonna be a b*tch to get a profile for in G3D.

matteo39
    Participant

is good in z3d?

bjr84
    Participant

Folks!

It works and looks AMAZING! Especially on our new RTX 3080s!!!

We took your tips and made a simple how-to video! Its nearly as good as a supported profile!

yaglourt
    Participant

Instead of tinkering with vorpx and Z3D… just get an older version of the game, it had “unofficial” native VR with great G3D (only the menus ingame are not properly displayed but you don’t really need them).

Observer VR Gameplay – Here’s How To Get it Working

jjensson
    Participant

I second the hope for an official profile for Observer: System Redux. Never got to play the original but, as soon as the remaster released i got it at intro price.

headsetvr
    Participant

Anybody actually get this running using either of the 2 videos as guides? First one hasn’t worked for me at all. I’ll try the second when I get time and update

haints
    Participant

Having tried both versions, I actually prefer the original Observer to Observer “Redux.” The Vorpx profile for the original has an excellent sense of depth and I would recommend just sticking with that.

I also played the original in its VR mode without Vorpx and the HUD/UI is invisible, making the game rather difficult to play. The first Vorpx implementation is the best way to play this game in our headsets, IMO.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!