Resident Evil 2 Remake – First Person MOD

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 2 Remake – First Person MOD

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tyriel Wood
    Participant

Hey!
    I thought that this could be interesting to get a better experience with RE2 and make it similar to RE7. I didn’t try it yet, I actually don’t own the game.. but I still wanted to share it, in case you guys find a way to use it in the proper way! Let me know!

https://github.com/praydog/RE2-Mod-Framework

DL the latest dinput8.dll from AppVeyor. Extract dinput8.dll into your RE2 folder. Dump the github contents into the same folder. DON’T start a game with it “enabled” or it hangs on game load. You must enable it IN GAME, Press INSERT to toggle the menu.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Cool. I don’t have RE2 yet, but a working first person mod might encourage me. Someone let us know how it goes.

Your hmd comparison videos are helpful by the way, thanks. Still waiting for my 8k. Have you tried vorpX with your 5k?

What about he Odyssey+? I’ve wanted to know if playing games in vorpX with the sharpness slider turned up makes the image more clear and less blurred. Can it look as sharp as the og Odyssey but have less SDE?

I really want a higher res oled, but wonder if I just need to wait till the end of this year for a possible new HTC or Valve. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

I’m actually using the pimax with vorpx, it creates weird lines after the 110 FoV, but other than that, if you have a GPU powerful enough, it’s pretty good :) a bigger FoV is very appreciated when playing flat games in VR, you can see better your body and arms, so it’s a little more immersive. But I have to tell you that with the 1080 is just not enough for geometric…

I always set the slider to 1, and I have to say that I’m pretty happy with that, but I never really had the problem to consider the odyssey + blurred anyway, the image is softer than the other headsets, but I see it like more realistic, I really really like it! I hope I was helpful!

about RE2 it would be very very nice to see a support in the future.. let’s hope it will be supported! I stopped playing it on the xbox as soon as I saw the news :P

sark666
    Participant

Does the game zoom in (changing the fov) when drawing your weapon like re7?

Trying to figure out a way with cheat engine to disable weapon draw zoom in re7, curious if re2 has this as well in first person mode.

marcob
    Participant

Using the profile I uploaded on the vorpx cloud and that we mentioned here

Resident Evil 2 Remake

also the 1st person mod starts in pimax using vorpx

Re 2 – revive (1st person mode in pimax using vorpx)

marcob
    Participant

Does the game zoom in (changing the fov) when drawing your weapon like re7?

Trying to figure out a way with cheat engine to disable weapon draw zoom in re7, curious if re2 has this as well in first person mode.

Does this video I made help?

marcob
    Participant

I wish someone would come up with a better vorpx profile

steph12
    Participant

not talking about VR here, but is it fully playable in first person ? or buggy ? does the game play well in first person ?

UNEEK
    Participant

I tried it with Oculus and Vorpx. Crashes to desktop every time.

marcob
    Participant

not talking about VR here, but is it fully playable in first person ? or buggy ? does the game play well in first person ?

The video I shared is how the game appears on the desktop after installed the 1st person mod.

It says “vorpx” because at the same time that image on the desktop is mirrored in the headset .

I did not play yet the game much at all, but that is how it would look like and it zooms out in 3rd person when a zombie attacks you

luka2099
    Participant

hello everyone, I have a problem. when i start the game without vorpx, the mod starts and works. if i start it with vorpx, the game starts but the mod doesn’t start. how can I do?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!