Resident Evil 7 Fov Hack

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 7 Fov Hack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    optimumbox
    Participant

Hey everyone, thought I’d share my work. You’ll need an unsigned version of cheatengine (this is pretty easy to do) I used fileunsigner to remove signatures on my version. From there you need to attach CE to re7 and follow the directions below.

Once attached to re7, click add address manually. The address needed is 05F690C8

Set the value higher than 4 to go above 90 and freeze it by checking the box on CE or pressing space with the address highlighted. After setting it, open the options menu in re7 and go to graphics, then unpause the game. Your fov will change even though it says 70 in the options menu. I’m still working on zoomed fov.

optimumbox
    Participant

Quick edit on this. I released the address in haste. This value seems to change each time the game runs so I’m looking into it. If you want to modify the value yourself without waiting, all you have to do is scan for ini values for fov in cheatengine while the game is running. 4=90 3=85 2=80 1=75 0=70. Set your fov to 90 in the options, scan for exact value/4bytes, and type “4” under value. From there change your fov one setting lower in the options menu and do a “next scan” with the value matching the corresponding fov number above until you have one address left in the cheat engine window.

optimumbox
    Participant

Fixed my table on my cheat engine post so now all you should have to do is just load it on cheat engine without having to do any of the stuff mentioned above.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=120866 -my table

Hopefully this pointer address can be used to help out with a vorpx profile.

steph12
    Participant

hello,

did you manage to set fov to let’s say 110-120 fov ? a fixed fov allowing to play the game permanently with that hacked fov ?

optimumbox
    Participant

Yes you can go past 4. 120 would be a value of 10 in cheat engine, using 10-15 should be pretty comfortable in vorpx. I encountered a bug where my table sometimes won’t grab the base id after attaching. If this happens, relaunch cheat engine and re7.

steph12
    Participant

i wish i was not a total noob with cheat engine, looks way too complicated for me :'(

User01
    Participant

Thanks for sharing the work OptimusBox! I think someone might have taken your work as a base, because theres a more streamlined version of this out now. Still have to use Cheat Engine though.

Here is the link for the forum, scroll all the way down and look for the poster, JDimensional, and FOV unlock:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=602679&start=90&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Here is a direct link for the script:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=120876

To recap, download and install Cheat Engine, then download that script, run RE7, then alt+tab, run CE, on CE, click on the computer icon under “File”, choose re7 from the list and click on open. Then, on windows explorer, find the script file and drag it to CE. Check the box down on the left, click on the value area on the right and put down the FOV you want.

steph12
    Participant

wow nice !!!

thanks so much guys !

so now we can play with unlocked fov that’s amazing.
    the only thing we need is a 3D geometry working vorpx profile now :p

if only !

elmington
    Participant

Guys

Anyone got a copy of the script. Its not longer available for download at the cheat engine site?

Cheers

steph12
    Participant

why the fuck did they remove it ?

User01
    Participant

It seems he updated it due to some error after a cutscene.

“Updated Pointers and backup pointers for Unlock FOV as the original pointer changed to ???? after cutscene.”

Here is the new one:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=120882

steph12
    Participant

cool, thanks again :) much appreciated.

elmington
    Participant

thanks dude!

User01
    Participant

Just happy to keep sharing the info guys.

Just found out there might be an issue for some though. Once you are running RE7 and CE, added re7 to CE and dragged the script to CE, if you cannot do anything to it, see the current FOV value, edit or activate the script, then do this:

Right click on the script and on the list you get, put the mouse on top of “Group Config”, then you get a new menu, once there left click on “Hide children when deactivated”. You could also enable “Allow left and right to collapse and expand”. Either way, it should fix it and you will be able to see the current FOV as well as edit it.

Make sure that you are doing all this once you are in-game though, not on the game menu.

HONDA
    Participant

Is it possible to get this working with the demo? Everything I tried including changing re7.exe to re7trial.exe in the script didn’t seem to work besides locking FOV to whatever it was currently set to when it was activated?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!