Resident Evil 7 Fov Hack

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 7 Fov Hack

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    optimumbox
    Participant

Is it possible to get this working with the demo? Everything I tried including changing re7.exe to re7trial.exe in the script didn’t seem to work besides locking FOV to whatever it was currently set to when it was activated?

Yes, but the pointer addresses and memory are all different from what the full game uses so the work would have to be done again. I’ll being honest, I’m not going to do it.

fantasy
    Participant

Another noob here with cheat engine I followed the instructions best I could however after I input the FOV I want into the value side I can see no change on the headset (I tried 10 through 15). Is there something else I need to do after inputting the value? By the way thanks Optimumbox for sharing this. It would be great to get this working just to spite evil Sony :)

marcob
    Participant

I am having the same issue as “fantasy” user.

“fantasy” have you found out how to make it work?

Mainstream
    Participant

Whenever I open CE after opening RE7 i get an error saying this game is not compatible with cheat engine and my game closes is there any fix for this?

fantasy
    Participant

I spent a few hours trying different things here and there but no joy here. As I mentioned I followed the steps as far as to place the FOV value into the cheat engine but not sure if there was something else I needed to do to make it actually work. It would be nice if someone could enlighten us otherwise we will have to wait and see if we can make this work. If I do find a solution I will update it in this thread.

fantasy
    Participant

Whenever I open CE after opening RE7 i get an error saying this game is not compatible with cheat engine and my game closes is there any fix for this?

You can use fileunsigner to remove the signatures on the 3 cheat engine exe(s) to bypass the check.

I used a simple Tool Named FileUnsigner. In my Installation Directory were 3 .exes from Cheat Engine. I dragged all 3 of them over the FileUnsigner (Make sure it Starts with administrator privileges). After all 3 exes are clear start Cheat Engine, then start Resident Evil 7 and if everything works correctly there should be no problems anymore.

If access denied.
    Click right on FileUnsigner.exe and Click Properties.
    add /f to target
    Hope that helps :)

optimumbox
    Participant

Another noob here with cheat engine I followed the instructions best I could however after I input the FOV I want into the value side I can see no change on the headset (I tried 10 through 15). Is there something else I need to do after inputting the value? By the way thanks Optimumbox for sharing this. It would be great to get this working just to spite evil Sony 🙂

Are you freezing the value? If it changes the FOV on screen, it should be reflecting in the headset. Only way it wouldn’t reflect is if it’s not working all together in the first place. 15 should definitely be noticeable.

fantasy
    Participant

Another noob here with cheat engine I followed the instructions best I could however after I input the FOV I want into the value side I can see no change on the headset (I tried 10 through 15). Is there something else I need to do after inputting the value? By the way thanks Optimumbox for sharing this. It would be great to get this working just to spite evil Sony 🙂

Are you freezing the value? If it changes the FOV on screen, it should be reflecting in the headset. Only way it wouldn’t reflect is if it’s not working all together in the first place. 15 should definitely be noticeable.

I don’t ‘think’ I am freezing the value, I don’t see the changes onscreen either so I think I missed something or am not running the Cheat Engine properly. I am not sure, and thanks for the reply. :)

malybenek
    Participant

Leave this fov alone and take for the only important thing – 3D geometric

davidw
    Participant

I used profile from Alien Isolation. No good, flickers. FOV was limited. It had geometry turned on, but didn’t appear immersive. Not like in Fallout 4, which is incredible. I wonder if FOV hack (cheat engine) works, but then you’d have the flickering.

davidw
    Participant

Oculus Debug Tool to improve the detail at a value of 2.0 didn’t help with detail. Didn’t look sharp or clear for that matter. I’m almost giving up hope on VorpX. I know RE7 runs on DirectX 11, so I thought wouldn’t the software inject easily with the game? I’ve also lost hope to run Battlefield 1 with geometry 3D settings. Two games which I bought in the first week they were introduced, very sad.

marcob
    Participant

Does 3D geometric method allow head-tracking in vive ?

Thanks!

ckcollab
    Participant

I believe I had success (not quite sure since some other things are acting wonking) changing the fov in Resident Evil 7 via the re7_config.ini file in the root folder of the application.

Fov=40 changed to Fov=120 is nice. But, like I said, there’s all this weirdness/blurring/zooming… so close!

freelivorno
    Participant

hi im new i cant to work well any game. Also listed game like oultast are very bad and unplayable. Someone can tell me some guidance to start one game.
    I ve tryed for i underestand, guide in volp configuration but nothing

freelivorno
    Participant

i use oculus rift cv1 and have bought vorpx 2 days ago

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!