Resident Evil 7 not hooking (already searched threads)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Resident Evil 7 not hooking (already searched threads)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Veritan
    Participant

Any solution found for hooking this with the Xbox Game Pass version? vorpX sees the re7.exe executable and attempts to hook but hangs up indefinitely. Alt hook also does nothing.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t have the Game Pass version installed, so I can’t say anything to this currently. I’ll check it next week and let you know.

Unless they compiled a special Windows Store (UWP) version of the game (unlikely) it *should* work though. If you haven’t done so already, it makes sense to check for potential conflicts with other programs on your PC. That’s the most likely cause for hooking issues. You can find more detailed information regarding the matter in the pinned trouble shooting post above.

Also try to run vorpX as admin, just in case. Normally vorpX is supposed to show a warning if it doesn’t have sufficient access rights for game, but that’s broken in the current public build.

seb22
    Participant

At home none of the Vorpx profiles work …

mr.uu
    Participant

Any news about that issue? I tried many cloud profiles and to run vorpx as admin.
    It simply doesn’t hook with the GamePass Version…

Ralf
    Keymaster

My reply above still applies. Didn’t have a chance to check the Game Pass version yet, but if it can’t be hooked, it might have been recompiled as UWP (Windows Store) app. UWP apps run in a sandbox that “protects” them against hooking.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Finally checked the Game Pass version today. No dice hooking into it, unfortunately indeed a case where the game has been transformed into a Windows Store app for Game Pass.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!