Resident Evil 7 + VorpX 17.2.1 = Transparent Shadow on Weapons/Hands

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 7 + VorpX 17.2.1 = Transparent Shadow on Weapons/Hands

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michelangel0
    Participant

Hi Ralph and users…

Not sure if I´m the only one, but when I try to play Resident Evil 7 with Vorpx, since 17.2 I can see a transparent shadow that is right next to the weapon I´m handling in the game. If I adjust the 3d strength in VORPX to reduce it, the shadow goes closer to the hand until a point when it joins correctly and dissapears but that is when the 3D strenght is 0 and therefore the 3D effect dissapears from the game.

How can I fix that effect?
    I do not understand why anyone mentioned this, you are not seeing this problem?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I haven’t found a solution to the hands/weapon glitch yet, sorry. From the looks of it one would think it’s quite easily solvable by a ‘usual’ shader fix, but it isn’t.

Michelangel0
    Participant

ohh ok…
    so everyone is actually playing the game with this glitch?

thanks for the clarification Ralph…hopefully you´ll find a way soon.

Killyaderp
    Participant

I have the same problem. also menus seem to be glitched in G3d mode, not a big deal. So everybody has the gum ghosting, double vision issue? I’m waiting till it’s sorted to play, otherwise looks fantastic

Anonymous
    Inactive

ohh ok…
    so everyone is actually playing the game with this glitch?

thanks for the clarification Ralph…hopefully you´ll find a way soon.

yes, its not really that bad. Me and my friend made 12 hours run with beer and resident evil on this weekend, this was his first experience with VR glasses and he was pretty exited :) Weapon issues didnt annoyed at all, you get used to it very fast or simply switch to empty hands.

haints
    Participant

No, it IS that bad. Your solution is to play the game without using weapons? That’s ridiculous.

I really wish we could have a fix for this. I was shocked the first time I saw my hands and realized there was a double image where the extra hands seems to erase whatever is in front of it. Looks very strange and is definitely distracting.

Ralf
    Keymaster
    markbradley1982
    Participant

Is that Resident Evil 7 glitch as bad as people in this thread say it is? I’ve seen a lot of people praising RE7 in VorpX and comparing it favourably to the PSVR version. None of them even mentioned this glitch.

Like with Fallout 4 and Skyrim I’m holding out for a PC native VR release since I think it’ll be likely released to PCVR once PSVR exclusivity runs out and have mainly been focusing on using VorpX on games that we’ll never see a native VR port of like Fallout New Vegas.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Visual glitches are a pretty subjective matter. There is a halo (a few pixels wide) around the hand/weapon that certainly isn’t game breaking. I would argue that it doesn’t really distract from the game unless you want it to distract you. Some however apparently concentrate more on glitches than on playing the actual game and thus are distracted more easily by any potential glitch, of course.

You can check for yourself here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1oZAv-iLhk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!