Resident Evil 7 Vorpx does not work

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 7 Vorpx does not work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    seb22
    Participant

Hello everyone, this is weird but no Vorpx profile works for “Resident Evil 7”, and in your house it works with the default Vorpx profile?

steph12
    Participant

it does work for me.
    maybe delete RE7 ini file ?
    maybe reset re7 vorpx profile to default settings ?
    try administrator mode for vorpx ?
    try alternative hooking method ?

seb22
    Participant

No nothing does, it comes back every time on the Oculus screen

steph12
    Participant

i dont know then, i’m using a valve index in SteamVr environment.

seb22
    Participant

Ok thanks anyway, I’m not using steam for this game

seb22
    Participant

On Steam I only succeeded I don’t understand because I can’t go forward but just go back, what should I do? thank you so much
    with xbox 360 controller. Without vorpx I can move forward and when I activate it everything works except that I cannot move forward, it’s weird.

steph12
    Participant

you play with controler when running re7 with vorpx ?
    maybe some conflict in control layout ? try reseting profile ?
    or try to play with keyboard + mouse to see if you also get the issue ?

seb22
    Participant

I can’t play with the keyboard with the oculus but I will then reset the factory profile to see

seb22
    Participant

Maybe we can’t play with a controller but only with the keys? because there I can not lower myself either … I put re7 in factory profile and it is always the same.

steph12
    Participant

i’m sorry for not being much help, i dont have the same setup :/
    maybe someone with the same setup could help you ^^

seb22
    Participant

I must not be the only one, well I hope not! I tried with the keyboard and mouse, it’s a disaster, I can’t play it, it’s a shame. Anyway, thank you for trying to help me !!! maybe with oculus rift S it doesn’t work well with the xbox 360 controller

Ogrescar
    Participant

It works okay with an xbox 360 controller and Rift S. You can change the vorpx override in input settings, or change the controller mapping. How you want to do it depends upon the mode you’re playing in. If playing in cinema mode try turning off the xbox override; for immersive mode you need the gamepad to emulate the keyboard in order for head tracking to work, so you want the override turned on.

seb22
    Participant

Hello Ogrescar, you said ” You can change the vorpx override in input settings, or change the controller mapping. ” I do not understand well, is it or exactly that we can make its modifications? (sorry I’m French and I sometimes have a bit of trouble with more technical words) – There, I can’t go straight ahead and to the left if not go back, turn around me, press buttons it works, that’s shame because it’s almost a detail but this detail prevents me from playing.

Ogrescar
    Participant

In the game bring up the vorpx menu (DEL on your keyboard or Left Stick Click on your controller), then hit the right bumper (r1) a few times to get to the input settings. On this tab, you can override the x-box controller fully or partially, or not at all. On this tab you can also change the keys the controller is mapped to by clicking “change gamepad settings”. These keys are only used if the controller has been overridden.

Setting the keys is kind of a pain in the butt because you have to take your headset on and off, but that can be avoided by running the game in generic desktop mode and setting the keys there, before going back to the headset. Make sure you click on “okay and save” after you’ve remapped the keys.

I’d think that the mapping was wasd for movement by default, but I haven’t played the game in awhile, and oftentimes I just run a game in cinema mode with the xbox override turned off because I don’t like the keyboard prompts that display.

seb22
    Participant

Hi, I can’t change the keyboard keys with the joystick (directional button) it doesn’t matter. In desktop mode, for the controller I have the “up arrow up” indicated, and for the keyboard it is “Z” so I should be able to move forward. Using the mouse and keyboard I can play but it is not possible for me with the headset so yesterday I played on the controller but without the virtual vorpx headset. I must have a bug with me because no one seems to have had this problem. Thank you very much for trying to help me. I have used lots of other “resident evil 7” profiles and still have this problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!