rfactor2 ā€“ problems

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings rfactor2 – problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Usvart
    Participant

-in my case, i had to put the game in “windowed” mode. Otherwise it didn’t start with vorpX. This could be an important hint, because i tried a lot resolutions, because i thought this could be the problem.

-in “z-normal” the head tracking did not work

-in “3d geometry” it works, but it works wrong. I can’t turn my head left/right, just up/down front/back. But for a raceing game I need of course left/right.

-but the most problem is, that in “3d geometry” i see everything twice :-( and i couldn’t solve it with addjusting with Seperation/3D-Strength. In theater-mode it was great. 3d worked and i saw nothing doubled.

-positive to mention: the performance is great! I run it in 1920×1080 AA Lvl 8 and it runs great (i5 4590; r9 390OC)

But unfortunately its unplayable when headtracking doesn’t work and i see everything twice.
    Any ideas, how to fix this?

edit: and for the left eye the speed indicator is white (correct) and for the left eye it’s black. Similar issue I had at Alien Isolation

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need to enable mouse look in the game for better head tracking (default key for that is ‘U’ if I’m not mistaken. If not, you find it in the game’s key map options. This works with both Z3D and G3D.

Game has indeed to be run windowed. Unsure why, but considering that it’s not overly popular and it works windowed, this will probably stay that way.

Usvart
    Participant

(default key for that is ā€˜Uā€™ if Iā€™m not mistaken

yes, you were right. Thanks.

But unfortunately I could not solve the problem, I see many objects twice. The more far away objects are, the bigger is the seperation. For example the steeringwheel infront of me, I see once. But when a car overtakes me it gets seperated in die distance.

A small problem is, that on one eye the speedometer is white (correct) and on the other eye it’s almost completly dark.

Usvart
    Participant

@Ralf
    Do you know the solution?

Carlos
    Participant

Hey Usvart!

Exact same problem here, as reported already https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/ok-so-how-does-it-work/

The stereo is there and the headtracking “works” with free(mouse)look activated… but it kind of warps for me, it’s not FPS ou mouse settings issue, i’ve tried many combos, nothing made any diference. Also, head central position keeps getting lost if i move it a bit faster.. all headtracking thingy is quite disapointing i’m sorry to say. And i have the same stereo problem: closeby objects are OK, but 10meters front i have doubled view (and i think left and right views are swaped). Thing is, the in-game menu does not have a full convergeance option. I mean, u can adjust separation, but it affects all virtual world and it shouldn’t. There must be the option to adjust both near AND far objects. I had that option many years back with the edimensional stereo glasses, so i know something about stereo 3D, and i have yet to make it work with vorpx :(

It works absolutly flawless (and in an awesome way) with native oculus support for pcars and elite:dangerous. It’s breathtaking experience! But unfortunately rFactor 1 or 2 isn’t working, and they’re the only reason i bought vorpx…

There has been an overload of changes from VR developers, a LOT is being tested/trashed and i feel VR ‘community’ is growing too fast for the available support, both from Oculus or Vorpx..

Wish you best of luck, but for now i quit.. i’ll get back to vorpx when it REALLY works out of the box.

Usvart
    Participant

@Ralf

Can I fix this in the settings or is this a vorpX issue?

Usvart
    Participant

@Ralf
    Any reason, why I get no answer?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I answer as much as I can, but as any forum in theory this also is primarily meant for user to user to interaction. There are questions that I cannot answer, but users who regularly play a game may.

I will look into rFactor 2 again. If you have trouble with the Geometry 3D mode, please switch to Z-Buffer 3D as an alternative. This can be done by changing the “3D Reconstruction” setting on the main page of the vorpX ingame menu.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!