Several games not working anymore

Homepage Forums Technical Support Several games not working anymore

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

Just adding that my testing also returns a “could not initialize” error for RotTR, though It was working fine earlier this year.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Rise of the Tomb Raider seems to be another victim of recent updates adding openvr_api.dll to it’s directory. This disables steamvr access somehow.

Unlike with the Source games, removing the dll in this case refuses to launch the game at all. Again, probably something to look into if this trend among games continues.

Fortunately, I encountered a workaround from a post mentioning that RotTR is one of the few games on steam that lets you roll back to previous game versions. I gave this a try and it seems to work just fine.

Right click the game in steam for properties, go to Betas tab, and choose a build (I chose recommended 753.2).

After a quick update (that also happens to remove that pesky dll), vorpX should hook fine.

Hopefully the new TR coming this week will work ok. Looking forward to it.

steph12
    Participant

Rise of the Tomb Raider seems to be another victim of recent updates adding openvr_api.dll to it’s directory. This disables steamvr access somehow.

Unlike with the Source games, removing the dll in this case refuses to launch the game at all. Again, probably something to look into if this trend among games continues.

Fortunately, I encountered a workaround from a post mentioning that RotTR is one of the few games on steam that lets you roll back to previous game versions. I gave this a try and it seems to work just fine.

Right click the game in steam for properties, go to Betas tab, and choose a build (I chose recommended 753.2).

After a quick update (that also happens to remove that pesky dll), vorpX should hook fine.

Hopefully the new TR coming this week will work ok. Looking forward to it.

thank you very much for the workaround, much appreciated.

dlder
    Participant

Yep, thanks for the info!!

I played the VR-DLC (Blood Ties) and it was absolutely fucking awesome! :-)

Daggett
    Participant

Hello,

I had the issue and applying the following fix worked:
    “Right click the game in steam for properties, go to Betas tab, and choose a build (I chose recommended 753.2).”

I know that it’s very difficult to maintain the status of the all games but it would make sense to mention it in the list of games workiong with VORPX, something like “Rise of the TOmb Rider [build753_2] will be great

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!