Several games not working anymore

Homepage Forums Technical Support Several games not working anymore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ptapang
    Participant

Howdy! I just recently tried Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dragon age inquisition, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. and all of these have failed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As usual with hooking issues please first and foremost check for conflicts with other programs on your PC that also hook into gamnes. That is the almost cerainly the cause of such an issue, even more so if something worked before and now doesn’t anymore.

Typical candidates are: virus scanners, CPU/GPU utilites, chat programs, video recording/streaming programs and generally every program that can show notifications in games.

The best way to trouble shoot this is to exit/uninstall programs running in the background. If you use any other antivirus program than Windows Defender, chances are quite high that your AV software is the culprit.

Further trouble shooting hints can be found in the vorpX help or alternatively in the trouble shooting sticky post.

ptapang
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply ralph! I don’t have anything like that running in the background and I only use windows defender.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For Rise of the Tomb Raider please make sure that it’s set to DirectX 11, vorpX does not support DX12. Same for Dragon Age Inquisition which you might have set to use AMDs Mantle in case you use an AMD card.

If you are sure the games are set to DX11 mode and happen to have the Windows system restore functionality enabled, try to go back to a system restore point from before the issue started to occur.

Ozymandias
    Participant

Same here, can’t get Rise of the Tomb Raider (Set to DX11)to start. Error code is always “VorpX could not initialize your headset since SteamVR crashed when during the init.” even if I start the game from VorpX Desktop which is ALREADY USING the headset. Conan Exiles for example starts up fine.

steph12
    Participant

i have just reinstalled Rise of the tomb raider for the sake of testing wether or not it’s working for me, and i have the same issue than you guys, “VorpX could not initialize your headset since SteamVR crashed when during the init.”

i hope this gets fixed soon.

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Hello ,
    Exact same issue here , since the vr update in the game.

In the same idea, Dark souls prepare to die edition doesn t work anymore since the graphic update.

I hope these 2 can be fixed.

RJK_
    Participant

Hello guys,

Are those games are crashing or does vorpx just not hook ?

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is using the same Engine as Chaos Theory. Please check your VorpX.log if you find any errors like i have reported here, please report them. I am in fear that may me even more games then we know could be affected by the same errors .

Ozymandias
    Participant

The games themselves are running, but VorpX gives the above mentioned error. The game then actually has the VorpX logo at the bottom but doesn’t react to the VorpX hotkeys.
    Where can I find the logs?

RJK_
    Participant

The log should be in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

@Ralf i hope i am not raising too much confusion. The error of this discussion is probably something else then i have reported.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I didn’t have the chance to check this yet and won’t until next week, but please try to go back to an earlier SteamVR version. This message indicates an internal SteamVR error while it initializes. It’s not an vorpX error, but a SteamVR runtime error.

Since nothing has changed in vorpX, there’s a good chance that rolling back SteamVR to an earlier version helps.

Ozymandias
    Participant

Went back from SteamVR beta to normal, no change.

Error codes / warnings in log:

ERR: OpenVRDevice: OpenVR init exception.
    WRN: Loading pre 17.3.0 G3D settings (0.0.0)
    WRN: D3D11 Base: No DeviceContext created, not hooking device
    WRN: D3D11 Base: Device creation failed: S_FALSE: 1

Like I said, Conan Exiles works, so maybe the problem is in the Rise of the Tomb Raider game itself?

dlder
    Participant

As I also just installed and tried Rise of the Tomb Raider (fist in 2D, then in 3DVision2 (which looks already effin awesome!^^), I tried it with the newest VorpX (no SteamVR beta) and get the same error mentioned above.
    The error message itself comes from VorpX though, not from SteamVR.

And VorpX is working fine, as I just tried FEAR2 again after about a year and surprise(!), this game – which didn’t work before(!) – runs now like a charm :-)

dlder
    Participant

Oh, and disabling other overlays (Steam, nV Experience) or AV didn’t help either, unfortunately :-(

dlder
    Participant

And I didn’t find any “debug log setting”, so here are the err/wrn from the normal log file:
    ERR: OpenVRDevice: OpenVR init exception.

WRN: Loading pre 17.3.0 G3D settings (0.0.0)

INF: D3D11 Base: CreateDevice
    WRN: D3D11 Base: Device creation failed: S_FALSE: 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!