Skyrim in 4K, G3D in 17.3.0…simply incredible

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim in 4K, G3D in 17.3.0…simply incredible

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

If you have Direct VR positional tracking enabled, please reinstall vorpX to get the latest hotfix from earlier today. There was an issue with swapped y/z axes and positional Direct VR. Sounds like that is what you observed.

prinyo
    Participant

Windows Defender is not allowing me to install the latest update. Says Trojan Fuerboos.A!cl is detected in file:C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpControl64.dat

I see online that other applications also trigger similar false alert, but I would like a confirmation that it is safe before telling WD to ignore it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Several threads about that already. It’s a false positive. Until the issue is resolved by Microsoft, please exclude the vorpX program folder from your scanner.

prinyo
    Participant

Yes, I think we posted them at the same time.

The new install didn’t fix the issues – the stutter and the zooming. Also running with a lower resolution did not. I guess I need to wait few days and see if other people have similar problems. If not then it is most probably something in my setup that is conflicting with something in the update and I’ll debug further.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can assure that the latest release did not introduce any stutter or zooming for Skyrim, it’s still one of the regularly checked games.

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Yes, I have to agree with Ralf. My Skyrim install is running liquid smooth. If you are using a Rift, are you using an Inateck USB 3.0 expansion card with your Rift. If so, uninstall the Inateck drivers and let Win 10 install it’s own drivers for the card. That will take care of any problems with USB 3.0. Hope you can sort this out.

prinyo
    Participant

I don’t know if it is because of the update. It is possible that it is not. It was working perfectly one week ago and it doesn’t now. Different things can happen in a week, but the one thing I know about is the update. Since there is no way to roll back and test I have no way of knowing at the moment.
    I have a backup with the old version and I’m going to try to use it. Is the update changing anything else than the files in Program files and Program Data?

alegse
    Participant

I am not sure if other people are noticing a placebo effect, but I find the updated version performs largely the same for equivalent quality settings.

I get exterior 60-70 fps if the graphics are very horrible/ugly (lowest resolution, no upscaling, lowest graphics settings) and solid 90 fps interior.

I get exterior 40-55 fps with nice graphics (1440p 2x upscaling graphics settings on high) and 88-90fps interior.

This is about the same fps as the last version where I used ini set resolution 1280×1440 and 2x upscaling. I am willing to sacrifice the fps for the nice visuals and interiors are always close to 90fps and feel like a native vr game!

However, the new version lets you set the shadow quality which is nice. I find setting shadows to 2048 looks amazing at cost of about ~1 fps. So I will get exterior frame dips to 39 fps. But with fluid sync and ASW it is mostly smooth and playable 40-45 fps and looks great. (GTX1080 and i7470K)

Still a great experience!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!