Skyrim Not Supported!?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim Not Supported!?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bnielson
    Participant

I checked the list of supported games before buying Vorpx and Skyrim was on it. But when you run it, it says its not supported and the 3D option won’t allow me to change it from “off”. Is there any way to make this work? Why won’t it let me even try to turn on 3D?

bnielson
    Participant

Btw, I’m on the Vive.

It rather sucks to think you are checking in advance if a game is supported only to find out after purchase that it isn’t. I wanted Vorpx for Skyrim and Alien Isolation. But now I’m not sure I even want to try Alien Isolation since I’d have to buy it and then might find out it isn’t supported either. Is there a way to get a refund if Vorpx fails to perform as advertised?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you are running the Special Edition, you need this profile. The current vorpX version per default only comes with a profile for the original DX9 version which is very well supported since day one over three years ago and for a long time was one of the most played games with vorpX.

bnielson
    Participant

Ralf, what does “Open the ingame console and type “fov 120 120” (perfect value +/- 15 depending on your headset).” mean?

I know how to open the menu via Del key. I see nowhere to type anything. And how do I ‘zoom out’ since its way too up close and personal?

bnielson
    Participant

I read somewhere you can use the Vive controllers to move around some. Is that true? Or does this game have to essentially be played with a game controller?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Skyrim like many games has a built in console that can be used to type in commands. To open it use the [~] key (on an US keyboard). Caveat: on an international keyboard the key may be located elsewhere, usually it’s the one above TAB or one of the keys with localized special characters. Typing in the fov command will zoom out the camera.

You can read this article to learn what an ingame console is in general and what you can do with it.

Vive controller support will be added with the next vorpX update.

bnielson
    Participant

I was just confused. I thought you meant a Vorpx console. I know how to use the Skyrim console.

Okay, I see some 3D now. Does anyone have a link to ‘best settings’? And how is the best way to actually play this? With an X-box controller? Can a Vive controller be used at all?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is a dedicated pinned thread for Skyrim Special Edition in the game settings sub forum.

Vive controller support will be added with the next vorpX update.

ji3200
    Participant

Ralf
    I think you should list all the full geometry 3d games in the Vorpx main page. I try to recommend Vorpx software to Vive and CV1 owners at youtube but lot of people said “i heard it doesn’t look like native vr games”. I think Z3d games are giving bad reputation to Vorpx software. you should consider this

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!