Split: Essential Game Hints – Please read this!

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Split: Essential Game Hints – Please read this!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TheRunaway
    Participant

There are three things that you need to take care of once for each game:

1. Field Of View

You can get many games look almost perfect in this regard. And even for those that do not offer FOV control, neither directly, nor through vorpX, there are functions in vorpX to make them playable, although not always in a perfect way.

From best to worst here is what you can do:

1. Set the game FOV directly in the game if it provides to dial in an FOV of 120°.
    2. Set the game FOV directly with the vorpX Game Settings Optimizer (vorpX config app) for games that support it.
    3. Set the game FOV to 120 manually through an ini tweak or external tool (avaliable for many games, google FOV + game name).
    4. Use the 3D FOV Enhancement in the vorpX ingame menu (availabe in Geometry 3D games).
    5. Play the game in Virtual Cinema Mode (can be enabled in the vorpX ingame menu).
    6. Use one of the letterbox aspect ratio modes in the vorpX ingame menu and/or ImageZoom.
    7. Use the 2D FOV-Enhancement in the vopX ingame menu (be aware that this distorts the image).

It’s NOT woking ! I’m trying now for hours and hours to change the FOV setting and it still not working at all, game is ultra zoomed.

” Set the game FOV directly in the game if it provides to dial in an FOV of 120°. ”

=> Impossible on fallout 4, metro 2033 redux, metro last light redux

Set the game FOV directly with the vorpX Game Settings Optimizer (vorpX config app) for games that support it.

=> the same ! ” optimize setting ” for FOV = 120, then ” setting applied ” then ” apply ” then…. NO CHANGE in game !

All my games are original, on steam, and not modified. I paid 35 euros for something that is not working, you have no video of tutorial on your website… great !!

Marco
    Participant

Points of view.. my games work great.

TheRunaway
    Participant

I just tried deus ex human revolution. It’s working, but took more than one hour to optimize via vorps settings, in game. And synchronisation is bugging with xbox controler, I must play directly on my keyboard.

And must notice that the quality of the textures is lower than half life 2 (2004) in VR (that is not requiering vorpx). I feel like playing a game of 2000 and not 2011…

Marco
    Participant

I just tried deus ex human revolution. It’s working, but took more than one hour to optimize via vorps settings, in game. And synchronisation is bugging with xbox controler, I must play directly on my keyboard.

And must notice that the quality of the textures is lower than half life 2 (2004) in VR (that is not requiering vorpx). I feel like playing a game of 2000 and not 2011…

I don’t like playing Deus Ex on the Vive so much. Which means that in my opinion that’s not one of the best VR adaptation. To see what Vorpx can do you should try other games especially Dishonored, Outlast, Bioshock Infinte, Aliens Colonial Marines, The Darkness 2… These are the ones i have offering best perfomance and easy configurations. Visually, they look great. But you will need a powerful rig to play in VR while keeping high resolution (1920×1440) and in game detail. Then it’s all about teaking and the way each games performs in VR. Some games may not be perfect but still highly playable, i would say Max Payne 3 and Duke Nukem Forever for example. Basic configuration is similar in most games but then you will see there’s always one or other little thing that can be fixed or adjusted to achieve the best experience.

Marco
    Participant

I don’t like playing Deus Ex on the Vive so much. Which means that in my opinion that’s not one of the best VR adaptation. To see what Vorpx can do you should try other games especially Dishonored, Outlast, Bioshock Infinte, Aliens Colonial Marines, The Darkness 2… These are the ones i have offering best perfomance and easy configurations. Visually, they look great. But you will need a powerful rig to play in VR while keeping high resolution (1920×1440) and in game detail. Then it’s all about teaking and the way each games performs in VR. Some games may not be perfect but still highly playable, i would say Max Payne 3 and Duke Nukem Forever for example. Basic configuration is similar in most games but then you will see there’s always one or other little thing that can be fixed or adjusted to achieve the best experience.

Dude i tried Human Revolution: Directors Cut and it’s seems to be working quite well. It was one of the first games i tried and i couldn’t configure it properly that time. For your control problems i suggest to partially override the controller: both sticks but not the button. Then fine tune the sensibility of each sticks until it works well and do the same with head tracking sensibility. About the visual performance, i am getting very good results with gtx970. I set the resolution to 1920×1440, Fov 110, asyncronous time warp deactivated, lowered in game details. Then do the usual things like adjust the 3d strenght and image zoom. I just played a bit, i need further testing but i would say that this way it was working very well, and the game looked and sounded better than ever in this new prospective. I hope the vr gameplay will keep up but everything seems good so far!

Marco
    Participant

To complete the information, i’ve been playing for a while and noticed some oddities on the controls in VR, for example i cant aim using headtrack while moving around. Therefore headtracking seems of use just to look around, or to aim from a steady position. I got used to this very quickly and should’nt be a problem but maybe lowering the difficulty level from normal to easy will offer a better balance to the experience as the game seemed to be more difficult in VR due to this and some more oddities like the third person cover system and the lack of VR positional tracking making the game a bit more challenging to play. Apart from that, i would say it was a good experience!

(Maybe Ralf should move this posts to the Deus Ex Thread so that they can be of help)

StreetPreacher
    Participant

It’s NOT woking ! I’m trying now for hours and hours to change the FOV setting and it still not working at all, game is ultra zoomed.

” Set the game FOV directly in the game if it provides to dial in an FOV of 120°. ”

=> Impossible on fallout 4, metro 2033 redux, metro last light redux

Set the game FOV directly with the vorpX Game Settings Optimizer (vorpX config app) for games that support it.

=> the same ! ” optimize setting ” for FOV = 120, then ” setting applied ” then ” apply ” then…. NO CHANGE in game !

All my games are original, on steam, and not modified. I paid 35 euros for something that is not working, you have no video of tutorial on your website… great !!

Has this question been addressed? I’m having the same issue. The Optimization settings in in VorPX for FAllout 4 are set to resolution fo 1280×1024 and FOV of 110 and the boxes are checked, however when I launch fallout I still get the Vorpx warning that my resoltion is set to the monitor default of 1680×1050…

Any tips? I tried using a third party config tool but when that was running fallout wouldn’t launch on the headset…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please read my answer to the question you posted before in another thread:

http://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/everything-looks-flat-in-fallout-4/#post-122230

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!