Star trek online

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star trek online

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    peteski123
    Participant

Hi, Has anyone been able to get Star Trek Online working in 3d now.
    Would love to play that

Thanks

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve never played STO before, but I installed it on steam tonight to have a look.

The good news: I was able to hook geometry 3D pretty quickly – that is until they suddenly took the server down for maintenance. Doh.

The not so good news: it seemed to run heavy, though I didn’t have time to optimize my settings. No Z3D yet with this profile, but I’ll see if I can find one tomorrow.

I only ran around the beginning star fleet area, so I haven’t been able to test space or combat yet. But from what I can tell, it should look fine in G3D cinema.

I’ve read there are a couple chat commands you can use to adjust fov and also lock the camera into a first person type view. Both things I want to try when the server goes back up.

If you give me a couple days, I’ll try to clean up the HUD layer and find optimal fov settings. Then I can post a profile for ya, perhaps in time for the weekend.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Ok, put a profile on the cloud for you to try. I posted a few setup instructions for it here.

G3D immersive screen zoomed in close, with fullVR and first person view options. Seems to work pretty well. Hope you enjoy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!