Star Wars Battlefront II: Stereo 3D issue

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star Wars Battlefront II: Stereo 3D issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    quisutdeus
    Participant

I played for a while Battlefront II copying the profile from Battlefront I, and I must say everything worked great, and also the Stereo 3D (set strength to max 2.0 value) was best I have seen in any game so far.

But today in the night when I played again, the stereo 3D was gone or was very subtle.

How can I force the strength to be bigger? Is there any editor of the profile?

I have Windows 10, GTX 970 (387 drivers), Oculus Rift CV1.

Any help appreciated.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I have not tried retail Battlefront 2, but I played the free beta with vorpX Z3D, also using a Battlefront 1 profile.

My experience showed I had to reset the 3D at the start of every match once I spawned by switching from fullscreen to windowed and back to fullscreen (Alt+Enter). This would refresh the resolution and 3D.

I’m was hoping this was fixed for retail, it works flawlessly in Battlefront 1 and Battlefield 1.

Maybe a proper profile could fix this.

quisutdeus
    Participant

Thank you dellrifter22, I will try it in few minutes.

Btw, I checked the vorpX native files, and I found that all profiles are stored in local SQlite database – I tried some quick adjustments but didn’t have much time with it.

quisutdeus
    Participant

Works great with the hint you wrote about. You saved me a lot diging into reverse engineering :D, and – I am serious here – give me your paypal and I will buy you a beer.

BTW, best settings for me are strength to 2.0 and weight maximum to far. Looks quite weird in first touch, and people with weak stomach might get sick within 1-2 seconds, but stereo 3D is just very accurate with that settings.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Glad to hear that did the trick, though I had hoped this wouldn’t be necessary in the retail version. Maybe Ralf can teach the driver to catch this sometime.

I agree that the Frostbite games look best at full 2.0 strength, though I tend to prefer the weighting at near minimum as this helps closer objects pop a bit more. The higher you go the deeper the distance looks but the flatter the foreground. So I start low, and slowly slide it up until the distance is just deep enough to look natural. My sweetspot for Battlefront is somewhere around 0.16 for example.

And thanks for the offer btw, but the hints come free :)

One thing you can do though, is test the single player for me and let us know if it works just as well in vorpX (good 3D and acceptable FOV). I’ve been excited to play this specifically in vr, but hesitant to purchase with the recent EA nonsense. Cheers!

quisutdeus
    Participant

I can tell right a way about single player as I play only it – So far I played something like dozen custom team deathmatches and arcade mathes with bots and it works as I said – really great especially if you put on top of good 3D and VR, just insanely good looking game (it looks even better then the original – it supports directx 12, but will not work with vorpX, so I play with DX11).

I haven’t touched the Campaign yet but I don’t see a reason why it would not work – I will let you know once I am back from work and start it finally.

If you ask me, don’t mind those outcry about p2w EA introduced with loot boxes – believe me, it is all completely exaggerated. In fact I played it very little cutting some time from my sleep and yet I have like 2.5k credits, before I even started to play for good. Beside that, if you are not going to play MP or not going to play it for real, then this doesn’t really concern you, just like me.

steph12
    Participant

I can tell right a way about single player as I play only it – So far I played something like dozen custom team deathmatches and arcade mathes with bots and it works as I said – really great especially if you put on top of good 3D and VR, just insanely good looking game (it looks even better then the original – it supports directx 12, but will not work with vorpX, so I play with DX11).

I haven’t touched the Campaign yet but I don’t see a reason why it would not work – I will let you know once I am back from work and start it finally.

If you ask me, don’t mind those outcry about p2w EA introduced with loot boxes – believe me, it is all completely exaggerated. In fact I played it very little cutting some time from my sleep and yet I have like 2.5k credits, before I even started to play for good. Beside that, if you are not going to play MP or not going to play it for real, then this doesn’t really concern you, just like me.

you can thank all those outcry people for being able to buy heros easily, without those people to unlock one hero you would have to play 40 hours to unlock just ONE hero, EA reduced the cost of heroes thanks to those “outcry” people.

quisutdeus
    Participant

you can thank all those outcry people for being able to buy heros easily, without those people to unlock one hero you would have to play 40 hours to unlock just ONE hero, EA reduced the cost of heroes thanks to those “outcry” people.

I am sorry if I sounded offensive – that was not my intention. I just think it is exagerated problem and also – do you know – that alongside cutting the amount of credits needed to unlock heroes, EA also cut the amount of credits earned in same proportion? :D Some may find it funny (like me) but some may feel offended. So from what I know outcry had no practical effect.

quisutdeus
    Participant

One thing you can do though, is test the single player for me and let us know if it works just as well in vorpX (good 3D and acceptable FOV).

I just played a like 30 minutes the Campaign. First you play as a droid so in VR with vorpX it is fine, but FOV is smaller then set in settings (you have to set it to 110), but after you play as a soldier, then everything is just as great as in arcade modes. You need to do your trick though if stereo 3D is not working.

BTW, really great climat in campaign. But I set the difficulty to hardest and still I find it quite easy. Oh boy, what happen with difficulty levels of gaming from 80/90s :/

Cheers

deathorb
    Participant

Can you guys please let me know if battlefront is playable in geometry 3d? Will any frostbite games work in real 3d? Please just type something – I really need an online game that works in geometry 3d. I find that z3d or whatever, doesn’t do it for me in battlefield 1 for example. Is it better in star wars? Thanks guys!

quisutdeus
    Participant

Can you guys please let me know if battlefront is playable in geometry 3d? Will any frostbite games work in real 3d? Please just type something – I really need an online game that works in geometry 3d. I find that z3d or whatever, doesn’t do it for me in battlefield 1 for example. Is it better in star wars? Thanks guys!

Only z3d for SW:BF1 & 2 I am afraid. It look decent if you setup well though.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I am thinking of getting this game. Do you set the FOV within Battlefront, or does it need to be edited somewhere in an ini file?

quisutdeus
    Participant

I am thinking of getting this game. Do you set the FOV within Battlefront, or does it need to be edited somewhere in an ini file?

You can change FOV in settings within BF. Max is 110 which is what I need for Oculus.

dosprompt
    Participant

Anyone help please..New to all this..bought Battlefront 2 and Vorpx..Cannot find how the heck to run it in VR can any help

dosprompt
    Participant

How did you get the game to work, I cannot..mind! I only got it and Vorpx last night and dont have a clue….can you help?
    Barry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!