Star Wars Battlefront II: Stereo 3D issue

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star Wars Battlefront II: Stereo 3D issue

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    quisutdeus
    Participant

How did you get the game to work, I cannot..mind! I only got it and Vorpx last night and dont have a clue….can you help?
    Barry

Preparation: run the game and change the resolution to 1280/1024 and set the FOV to 110.

Then…

1. Run vorpX, make sure watcher is running.
    2. Clone profile from SW:BF1 and name it as you like (best Would be ‘SW:BF2’)
    3. Edit cloned profile and change executive file by selecting the SW:BF2 main exe file (It should be in your Origin folder in the Program Files (x86))
    4. Run the SW:BF2 game – you should be able to see the vorpX logo injected into the game splash screen.
    5. Put the Oculus/Vive on your head and..
    6. Have a fun :)

dosprompt
    Participant

Thanks I had your reply..where do I get (SW:BF1 ) form) I have no other PC games

Thanks

Again
    Barry

Ralf
    Keymaster

What quisutdeus meant was the SW:BF1 profile in the vorpX config app. You can clone profiles on the “Local Profiles” page of the config app and assign unknown programs to such a cloned profile.

The next vorpX version will come with a SW:BF2 profile preinstalled. If you feel unsure how to do the above, just wait a week for the update. It’s quite easy though, so no harm in trying yourself.

dosprompt
    Participant

Hi Ralf

Many thanks,, I will wait for the update

Thanks Again..Nice to have replys..great forum

Barry

markbradley1982
    Participant

So can you play against people online using this VorpX profile or does it only work with single player?

quisutdeus
    Participant

So can you play against people online using this VorpX profile or does it only work with single player?

I played one online match with vorpX so it works also for multiplayer.
    Beside that I know how badly frostbite engine networking is protected – so not a suprise vorpX is not detected nor considered a threat.

dosprompt
    Participant

I must be Thick( yes I must) I just dont understand how to get 17.3 to work..

How do I do this and what do I do…sorry but I am very thick (and 70 yrs old)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally vorpX should auto-update. If it doesn’t you can get a new installer here. Make sure to enter the same mail address into the form that you used to register vorpX.

dosprompt
    Participant

Hi Ralph
    Happy Xmas and MANY thanks for the reply’s, it has updated

I maybe a little (OK a Lot) Thick, I just dont see how to get this to work, dont see the process? once I know I will need to then but Star Citizen and others to run VorpX with, but would like a little help on the actual process if possible?

Thanks

Barry

dellrifter22
    Participant

Having trouble with Z3D in this profile suddenly. It only seems to work during death cam if I happen to change resolutions. Not sure if it’s from recent game/driver updates.

If you get a chance let me know if you encounter the same problem. Or if any updates to the profile have been made recently. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No recent profile changes. Try to reset the game’s graphics settings to default and go from there. Various settings can have an impact on the heuristics that vorpX uses to figure out the right depth matte. Typical examples are antialiasing or a game’s internal upscaling, which sometimes may lead to the z-buffer heuristics failing.

Also ALT+TAB out and back into the game as well as a game restart can help in case a game changed the texture used for the depth buffer while running.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’m aware that AA and upscaling can interfer, so I never touch the scaler and always test the various AAs. I already tried the alt-tab, alt-enter tricks that often work. Even changing resolution, which only brought back brief z-buffer during the death cam.

Before official, I was using Battlefield 1’s profile which required these tricks at the start of every round, but somehow you were able to fix this in official release.

I haven’t changed any settings from what had previously worked (a month ago perhaps), though the game has received some update patches since, hence my suspicion. Again, curious if it presently works on your machine.

I’ll try defaulting the settings tomorrow to see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I should add that it’s working properly in single player, but not having luck with multiplayer/arcade modes anymore.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The bad news: looks like the game uses different textures for the depth buffer in multiplayer/singleplayer now.

The good news: while checking this I had an idea how to track changing depth textures better than it was done until now. Long story short: should work fine again in the next vorpX version.

Various other games that are known to be shaky in this regard will be looked into too, so similar issues in some other titles will hopefully be a thing of the past in most cases.

Big thanks for the heads-up, without it I wouldn’t have had that idea.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Great! Thanks for the time you take to checkup on the forums.

Always hope to not be a bother, but glad if it ever leads to something useful.

As always, looking forward to the next update! Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!