Star Wars Battlefront

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star Wars Battlefront

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    peteostro
    Participant

Game comes out tomorrow the 17th, what are that chances VorpX could work?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Release date over here the 19th IIRC. Will be looked into as soon as it’s available.

A Z3D profile will probably be available fast, provided the Frostbite engine hasn’t changed too much from BF4. G3D will at least take more time and might prove unfeasible. Just can’t tell yet. Frostbite engine uses DX11.1 features which aren’t covered by vorpX yet and which make G3D more complex than with DX11.0. Fingers crossed that it will still be possible.

peteostro
    Participant

Ok thanks. Saw some videos of the beta working with vorpX. Do you think they just renamed the .exe to get it working?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Renaming to BF4.exe or BFH.exe may be worth a try, but I could imagine that Origin/Battlelog will either complain or make this useless. I’ll try to get an update with a preliminary profile out shortly after release.

peteostro
    Participant

It launches but vorpX says the game is not supported so no 3d mode works.
    Cinema mode works pretty well. Wish the DK2 had a higher res though.

peteostro
    Participant

Game is out now everywhere, any word on support?

Crispybits
    Participant

Anyone managed to get this working with an xbox controller? it’s pretty much fine other than using the right stick will swing you around. I’ve tried adjusting the headtracking and stick sensitivity but nothing helped.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ peteostro : A Z3D profile will be available with the next update, G3D still unclear yet. The necessary DX11.1 stuff is largely implemeted now, but as suspected finding the right values to change for creating the S3D camera offsets is more complex due to the way the FrostBite engine handles them. So, no promises in this regard.

@ Crispybits : For some reason overriding the controller doesn’t seem to fully work in this game (might use a newer API than vorpX uses for controller handling). Hasn’t been investigated yet, but is on the list.

VRBites.com
    Participant

Any updates? I bought vorpx especially for this game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Same answer as above. New profiles usually come with new versions. Shouldn’t tkake too long, but no date set yet.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

Anyone managed to get this working with an xbox controller? it’s pretty much fine other than using the right stick will swing you around. I’ve tried adjusting the headtracking and stick sensitivity but nothing helped.

I use this to disable the right stick:

http://www.x360ce.com/

I then map the right stick to a virtual mouse via Xpadder – similar applications would also be able to do the same. Joy2key for example.

costersall
    Participant

How about a new version of vorpX for Christmas with SW Battlefront support? ;) A Christmas miracle per say! The fever pitch to play after the move will be strong…

redfield17
    Participant

Hi. I would like playing to battlefront but that doesn t work. I see video on the site entertherift that Nik play battlefront with vorpx. So the runtime
    ??? What version of Windows ?? Vorpx must create a shortcut to exe ?? I don t know how can i do !! please could you explain. I know there is no geometry 3d but i want to try just movie mode. thanks

petokaske
    Participant

Hi, I made a video of the beta and I show my settings.
    Watch full screen with VIRTUAL DESKTOP and F8

VRBites.com
    Participant

Still no updates? Are you still working on an update for the DK2/SDK 0.8?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!