Star Wars Battlefront

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Star Wars Battlefront

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

There actually is a pretty well working Z3D profile in the current version which (more or less accidentally) slipped in with a DK1 related hotfix. Also includes Game Optimizer settings for better FOV and HUD-scaling.

If you bought vorpX (or updated to 0.9.1) in December or January you already have it. If you bought vorpX (or updated to 0.9.1) before December you can simply use your web installer to reinstall vorpX to get it.

peteostro
    Participant

Thanks. Did this fix the mouse look issues?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you refer to the X-box controller glitch then unfortunately no. Using mouse and keyboard is still the easiest workaround for that ATM. An external gamepad emulator like Xpadder supposedly also can help, but I didn’t try that myself.

peteostro
    Participant

On another note did your order a rift?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, why should I? Just kidding, of course I did.

peteostro
    Participant

Trying to get starwars battle front to launch. When I launch the game vorpx does not start. when I go to configure vorpx Game optimizer, select starwars battlefront 2015 and try to apply the settings it says:

Settings path not found

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not hooking: Please check for the “usual” things in the trouble shooting guide regarding conflicts with vorpX: virus scanner, GPU/CPU utilities, programs that can show notifications in games, Steam/Origin/Uplay overlay etc.

Also try running vorpX as admin (or not as admin if you currently do).

Settings path: The optimizer profile contains a wrong .ini path, sorry. Please adjust the FOV ingame for now or change the field of view manually in [Documents]\STAR WARS Battlefront\ProfileOptions_profile

CylonSurfer
    Participant

But doing the above stops you using the HUD fixes you mention. What path is the .ini looking for? Maybe I can copy my profile there and then back.

The value for FOV in the profile seems to be set to 2.000000 – how would one manually set it to 120?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure ATM, as said above the profile slipped in accidentally with a DK1 hotfix (while not being ready). You may have to adjust the rest of the FOV by using the vorpX ImageZoom until it feels right. The game should provide enough FOV itself so that the top/bottom bars caused by the zoom aren’t really visible/distracting.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

Changing the FOV in the config file to 120 worked well enough at 100% zoom. Does VORPX have a configurable key to disable / enable head tracking? This would be very useful when flying as the mouse is used for flight controls meaning you have to keep your head perfectly still.

I’m most interested in the HUD scaling you mentioned – which config settings would, if working, the game config tool change and to what settings?

Other than that the profile works well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t say anything in regard to HUD scaling, sorry. I assumed I had done that already, but apparently didn’t (hence the non working optimizer profile).

In BF4 there are GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaHeight and GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth in the config file which can be used to move the HUD, but those don’t seem to be present in the Battlefront config.

Adding those values might be worth a try, but I suspect it’s not possible in Battlefront since they aren’t present per default. I will look into it, but can’t do this right now.

BTW: A way to work around a non-scalable HUD is often the use of a 4:3 res like 1600×1200 (or ideally a 8:9 custom res), which also can improve performance. That’s always at least worth a try.

No hotkey for disabling head tracking, but that’s a good idea. Probably only makes sense in rare cases, but would certainly help here.

JacobVR
    Participant

Hm, anyone managed to get this working with an xbox controller? It’s pretty much fine other than using the right stick will swing you around. I’ve tried adjusting the head tracking and stick sensitivity but nothing helps.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For now please use mouse and keyboard. The issue is confirmed, but not resolved yet. A supposedly working workaround is using an external gamepad emulation tool like Xpadder. Hasn’t been tested here though.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

I use a combination of:

Custom 360 pad drivers – So games cannot see the pad

x360ce – to disable the right stick and trick games into seeing the pad again minus the right stick

XPadder – To set the right stick to mouse emulation mode.

Works a treat for everything I have tried it with, the only downside is that you have to copy x360ce to the games install folder along with a profile for every game that will only work with the official 360 pad driver. A small price to pay in my opinion. The custom 360 pad drivers are also much better than the stock drivers allowing you to customize a lot of stuff.

Evilsergi
    Participant

Hello Ralf, I have the Battlefront 1 (2015) and some time ago it was seen with a very deep 3D and is currently seen in 2D.

Could you help me and give me the new settings please?

Has anything changed in the game or VorpX?

The Battlefront is original and I have HTC VIVE.

Thanks.Sergio (Spain) (Google translator)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!