Stuck dialogue w/ no options- Fallout New Vegas

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stuck dialogue w/ no options- Fallout New Vegas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

I’ve encountered a glitch that occurs whenever an NPC ‘forces’/ engages you in dialogue without first prompting them. The majority of the time, the camera zooms as if it were in dialogue mode, the NPC speaks, but then no options to respond appear on the screen (effectively breaking the game, as there is no option to exit). Oddly enough, disabling tracking generally decreases the chances of this bug occurring. I’ve never experienced this in 2D so I can’t imagine it being a mod issue.

Ralf, can you offer any insight/ possible solutions into this problem?

Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you can provide a savegame directly before the issue occurs, I can check whether it’s a general issue or not. Never heard of the issue before, but who knows. Please send a mail with the savegame to support |at| vorpx com.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

If you can provide a savegame directly before the issue occurs, I can check whether it’s a general issue or not. Never heard of the issue before, but who knows. Please send a mail with the savegame to support |at| vorpx com.

Done! I sent the save file your way.

Thanks Ralf.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

It has occurred to me that since I’m running tale of two wastelands, you may not be able to load my save…

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

As an update- this wasn’t an issue with Vorpx at all so I apologize about the confusion. It was due to an edit I’d made in the GECK- setting fDialogueZoomInSeconds to any value lower that .05 results in the aforementioned bug.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!