Subnautica Below Zero

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Subnautica Below Zero

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Apparently a French guy on youtube has got it working in VR with Vorpx. Anyone know the settings he used by any chance?

Anyone speak French?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I believe that is Yohaskan from the forums here. He posted the same video in this thread:

Subnautica: Below Zero? Anyone got it working yet?

You can find his profile on the vorpX cloud in the Config app. The description reads:

“Set to 1600×1200, Fov: 90+, Vsync Off, Fulscreen Off. If gamepad, set to full controller for better exp.”

RJK_
    Participant

Not to blame anybody, many people seem not to know that “the cloud” even exists. I went through my almost 400 profiles a few days ago and keep wondering either vorpx (which i do not beleive) having only a few users, or the cloud just doesnt exist for many users. I would suggest mirroring cloud content to a website so users can see what they can expect. They may register more quickly this way.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Ummm yeah that would be pretty helpful, I had no idea what you were talking about until this morning when I found the ‘cloud profiles’. That seems like something pretty important the dev has overlooked. It should kind of be a front page thing.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

So just finished trying it, and….. it sucks. Its 360 but not Stereoscopic and doesn’t seem to be much you can do about it.

pieterlouis
    Participant

Was anyone able to use Vorpx in Sub Zero for a good VR experience, comparable to the first Subnautica?

pieterlouis
    Participant

I just uploaded a profile to the cloud called “Subnautica Below Zero (G3D) peter”. It’s based on another profile for a game called “Aerea”. The 3D effect is perfect, very close to the original Subnautica. True Geometry 3D. Vorpx is truly amazing!

pieterlouis
    Participant

Hi guys, as said. Below Zero works beautifully in VR with true G3D effect. However, after 5 min of gameplay my game tends to quit. No idea why. Have any of you experienced the same problem. I’m suspecting that it’s because the game is still in “Early Access” and buggy.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Hey thanks a bunch for the continued efforts guys. I’m making alot of noise on the forum and of course non-vr fanboys are getting pretty annoyed so this means alot to me. These devs dropped the ball considering they had made a near perfect VR game with subnautica number 1.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Wow the settings are really decent, thanks a bunch Peter, you’ve done a great job. This game went from crap to ok with one profile. Its not perfect of course but its playable. Have you gotten the music to work or the game pad? My music/sounds seem to cut out when I have VorpX running. The game pad also doesn’t respond the same way as the First one.

BTW
    Mine doesn’t quit or end. I played solid for about an hour and it wasn’t a problem. I have a bit of a high end system though so that could be a factor.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Played about 8 hours so far and YES this works perfectly. Thank you so much Pieter, I don’t know how you did it but it’s fantastic!

andybak
    Participant

Peter’s profile was loading for me as “immersive screen mode” rather than full VR. Is that correct?

Should I be tweaking any settings or should it be fine as it comes? I’m finding the headtracking a bit unpleasant.

I have disabled motion blur and turned down a few graphics settings to help the framerate. Should I be doing much else?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Without having checked the profile: if it’s set to ‘Immersive Screen’, then that’s what the profile author had in mind.

The ‘Immersive Screen’ play style was introduced about a year or so ago to sit somewhat between ‘FullVR’ and ‘Cinema’ mode, i.e. it allows to create a reasonably immersive setup without having to care about precise head tracking/FOV calibration.

Judging from the PC Gaming Wiki the game has an adjustable FOV though within a rather large range, so if you don’t mind the tweaking, creating a FullVR setup should be fairly easy. The ‘1-2-3 Game Setup’ guide in the help explains how to do that in three steps. Way easier than you might think.

Might also be worth to check first whether maybe another user profile for the game exists in the cloud that already implements FullVR.

andybak
    Participant

Thanks Ralf,

I guess I was really asking “This profile isn’t enjoyable for me. Is that because I’m doing something wrong?” – I know that’s hard to quantify but I can’t fathom the positive comments if I’m seeing the same thing that others are.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really sure what you expect me to reply to that. I don’t curate user profiles, I don’t even know them usually.

If the Immersive Screen mode is not your thing, you can always try to build a FullVR profile yourself following the guide I mentioned above. Others apparently are happy with the user profile as it is since it allows them to play a game with a VR headset that can’t be played in VR at all otherwise. Can’t see anything wrong with that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!