SWTOR (Star Wars the old Republic EA MMO)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings SWTOR (Star Wars the old Republic EA MMO)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Zosso99
    Participant

Hello everyone

SWTOR (Star Wars the old Republic EA MMO, not KOTOR) is one of my favorite games and still can’t find any working profile. Does anyone have one or at least a reason why there is no working profile. The last posts are about 2 years old. Please help. Please devs also try to help. SWTOR is a AAA title. Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never checked it myself TBH, but if there is not even one cloud profile, it might be a case of some anti cheat mechanism preventing vorpX to hook into the game. Always a possibiloty with online games.

If the game doesn’t even show in your headset when you launch it while vorpX is running, that’s quite likely the case.

Your best bet in this case would be the vorpX desktop viewer with the game set to run windowed. That’s a rather poor substitute to actually hooking into the game, of course, but at least it would allow you to play it in 2D in your headset.

TheBalt
    Participant

I managed to get this game to hook ONCE – first install, first launch it hooked and worked.. after that, never got it to hook again. I forget what game i used as the profile base but i think it was the Hero Engine or something. But ya, ive tried to get this to work as well and I imagine Ralf is right, theres some mechanism in the online part not letting vorpx hook and maybe since it was my first launch with the game those files werent ‘created’ yet to boot me out… but ya, got it to run once months and months ago, never got it to hook again, didnt change anything at all… so i dunno

if you figure out a solution, id be happy to see it tho! lol i wanna play it in 3d too

RJK_
    Participant

@the balt
    Perhaps the 2019 update is the reason http://dulfy.net/2019/03/20/swtor-new-game-engine-changes-patch-5-10-2/ for the game not working anymore

TheBalt
    Participant

@the balt
    Perhaps the 2019 update is the reason http://dulfy.net/2019/03/20/swtor-new-game-engine-changes-patch-5-10-2/ for the game not working anymore

Could be – but like i got it to hook the first time i launched, after that, tried it just a few hours later after playing for a bit – never got it to hook again. Tried running in compatibility mode, tried adding the launcher to vorpx, tried SteamVR and just Oculus to see if it would hook… just dunno what made it hook once and never again, mightve been that update. bummer if so cause thats a game i legit wanna dig into

matteo39
    Participant

up

matteo39
    Participant

please make a profile!

Nick1453
    Participant

Guys, try Dragon’s Dogma profile. It worked for me.

Nick1453
    Participant

Although now I’m not sure whether it’s really in 3D, but at least it hooks.

Nick1453
    Participant

Okay, Z3D (z-normal) is working on Dragon’s Dogma profile.

Nick1453
    Participant

But, IMO, the only good solution now is Tridef with Virtual Desktop. Looks better than Z3D in vorpX.

matteo39
    Participant

tridef 3d has some problem with swtor

Nick1453
    Participant

Initially I got the problem that it didn’t launch with Tridef, but it seems that I actually solved it today. Here’s what I did. I don’t know if there are any unnecessary steps, but it works for me. I would try to simplify it but I don’t have time to check what’s important, so I’m sorry if it’s too much detail.

1. I add 2 games in Tridef. One is SWTOR (with SWTOR profile and the executable …Star Wars – The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe) and another is a random game. In my case it is L4D2 (I picked a desktop shortcut made by Steam client, so the executable is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe and command line argument is steam://rungameid/550).

2. I launch L4D2 with L4D2 profile from Tridef. After I got to the main menu in SBS, I exit the game and change its profile to SWTOR.

3. Finally, I launch SWTOR launcher from Steam (not from Tridef), login and it loads with Tridef and SWTOR profile.

I have no idea how or why it works, but it doesn’t without the middle step. I guess Tridef picks the previous game and its profile because when I didn’t change the profile of L4D2 it loaded SWTOR in SBS with L4D2 profile.

Didn’t play much SWTOR with Tridef, but so far I didn’t notice any other problems.

matteo39
    Participant

excuse me, but with dragon’s dogma (and dragon’s dogma dark arisen) profiles, i have no g3d, or z-normal 3d. which profile do you use?

Nick1453
    Participant

Dragon’s Dogma – Dark Arisen. In the settings, after pressing DEL, there is 3D reconstruction section. There you can choose between options off, z-normal and z-adaptive (Z3D), and geometry (G3D). Only z-normal (kinda) works, but it’s not good enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!