SWTOR (Star Wars the old Republic EA MMO)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings SWTOR (Star Wars the old Republic EA MMO)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Nick1453
    Participant

However, I doubt I ever use this profile again. I read that one can play Tridef injected games with vorpX Desktop Viewer. I’ll try that with SWTOR later.

matteo39
    Participant

no 3d effect at all in z-normal

Nick1453
    Participant

It’s there, but it’s barely noticeable. I, for example, can tell the difference between foreground and background, but other than that it’s all Paper Mario for me. Try Tridef instead, it’s much more immersive and I’m also curious whether my workaround works for others.

dellrifter22
    Participant

New G3D profile added to the cloud. Read here.

steph12
    Participant

New G3D profile added to the cloud. Read here.

i dont play that game but i’m sure that those who do and use vorpx for it will be hugely pleased by your G3D profile, thanks for sharing man.

matteo39
    Participant

swtor won’t launch

Sephael
    Participant

I tried the new G3D profile and it’s awesome ! … but it worked only once, after that, impossible to launche the game, it closes as soon as i push “play”.

I spent 3 hours tryng to fix it, nothing i found on net worked.

In the end, i just Shift-Del the SWTOR folder and everything related in order to redownload a clean game (this folder was installed on a hard drive prior to my new computer).
    So i open Origin, and …. download error, impossible to download the game; what a curse !
    So right now i’m downloading it since the launcher outside of Origin… but i have a bad feeling about it.
    I have a slow internet so i won’t be able to try again before monday.

steph12
    Participant

it’s really weird that it works only once…

dellrifter22
    Participant

Hmm, I forgot to mention I tested only with the Free To Play version on steam. It did not require any Origin account and never opened any Origin app to play.

Maybe there are additional launcher executables that run for Origin or subscriptions, that vorpX is mistakenly trying to hook first instead of the actual swtor.exe. The vorpX config app has an Excluded Programs list for this reason. Maybe try adding any additional exes you find in the games install directory to the vorpX excluded list, and click apply.

In my swtor directory I see launcher.exe, launcherDiag.exe, and launcherRestartMsg.exe. In my case it was enough that launcher.exe is among the vorpX excluded list, but it might be safer to add any and all others that you might find there.

vorpX should not initiate until after you have logged into the launcher and then press play.

Sephael
    Participant

Okay, i did a few tests with my new install; i have to restart the game once a twice to make it working, but it’s not as bad as before.
    Once i’m playing the game in G3D, no problem.
    But sometimes, i have a screen with a huge pink shape on the screen before selecting characters, and i have to close the app.

matteo39
    Participant

uppp

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!