The medium

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    maxiej123
    Participant

Do you guys think the medium should still be an easy profile to get 3D or will the split screen feature have a problem with it I plan on testing later today just wanted thoughts ?

Ogrescar
    Participant

Steam says it requires direct12 so you only have four profiles to choose from. Don’t know what the split screen feature is exactly but it doesn’t sound like it would work.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Well, despite what is says on Steam, the game is dx11 and works with existing UE4 profiles, including the split screen feature. If you want G3D the Conarium profile may be a good starting point, but it has some shadow issues. I may put together a profile at some point, but no guarantees – I usually prefer Z3D mode anyway.

marcob
    Participant

Well, despite what is says on Steam, the game is dx11 and works with existing UE4 profiles, including the split screen feature. If you want G3D the Conarium profile may be a good starting point, but it has some shadow issues. I may put together a profile at some point, but no guarantees – I usually prefer Z3D mode anyway.

Hi. Do you have a profile to share?
    I would be interested.
    Thanks

Ogrescar
    Participant

A g3d profile is going to take a while. The game has around 500 shaders to sort through. If you want a z3d profile, you can just use a copy of the “Grounded” profile, but the depth with that profile is minimal (I don’t think it’s the profile, the game just has a weak depth buffer).

marcob
    Participant

A g3d profile is going to take a while. The game has around 500 shaders to sort through. If you want a z3d profile, you can just use a copy of the “Grounded” profile, but the depth with that profile is minimal (I don’t think it’s the profile, the game just has a weak depth buffer).

Thank you so much for the feedback

Ogrescar
    Participant

I’m beginning to think that g3d is not going to be possible, even if I get the shaders fixed, because the game’s performance is really bad. At 1080p and the lowest graphics settings I can only get 47 fps without vorpx, 30 with z3d, and 20 with g3d,at 97-100% gpu utilization.

I’ll still try to make a usable profile for it, time permitting. Maybe someday I’ll be the proud owner of a 3080 and can actually use it.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Nevermind. According to DSOGaming, even a 3080 can’t run the game at 60fps, and the latest patch degraded performance further.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Another option for z3d is to run the game in dx12 mode and use the Horizon Zero Dawn profile. I get significantly better performance doing that, and the 3d seems to be a little better.

maxiej123
    Participant

Sounds good I guess try the z3d out first

Ogrescar
    Participant

Nvidia has released a driver (461.40) that appears to have fixed some of the performance issues with this game, especially with the dx12 interface.

marcob
    Participant

Hi guys. Could anyone pls help me to lunch the medium with vorpx in the index or pimax headsets?

I can’t make it work

thank you

Ogrescar
    Participant

@marcob

What have you tried so far?

marcob
    Participant

@marcob

What have you tried so far?

Not even sure where to start. I tried an “Horizon Zero Dawn profile” , but vorpx is not hooking into the game.
    Any suggestion please?
    I am not that great in using vorpx

Ogrescar
    Participant

Make sure that the game is launched in dx12 mode for the HZD profile. Vorpx should prompt you to install a hook helper, which you will need for dx12. (Sometimes this fails for some reason, may need to try it more than once).

You can get the same z3d with the Grounded profile (and probably a performance loss), but the game must be launched in dx11 mode for this profile.

You should be seeing some activity from vorpx regardless of the profile you use. Make sure that you don’t have an AV or game overlay blocking the hook.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!