The Witcher 3 crash with Vorpx 17.3

Homepage Forums Technical Support The Witcher 3 crash with Vorpx 17.3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    kaossino
    Participant

The Witcher 3 with new Vorpx release (17.3.0) frequently crash in game menu (inventory, maps, ecc)

Oculus Rift, Windows 10, GTX1070

AerowynX
    Participant

the terrain is also all messed up in G3D not really playable in G3D

Ralf
    Keymaster

So far no other reports of messed up G3D terrain in Witcher 3, but please check different detail settings, not impossible that it’s related to game settings.

Also please check different locations, in case it’s location specific. What was tested for the profile was the game start in the Witcher fortress and then the start area of the actual game.

Ideally send a savegame and user settings file to support |at| vorpx com, which would allow to check whether the issue can be replicated. Settings and saves are stored in [Documents]\The Witcher 3. Thanks in advance.

kaossino
    Participant

for me only crash in game menu

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ kaossino: is there any specific sequence of actions that causes this issue for you? Something like “Open the menu, go to inventory, click button X”?

Knowing something that creates the issue reliably every time for you would be a great help for trying to reproduce it here.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a short heads-up that the terrain/grass glitch is confirmed and will be looked into as soon as possible. I don’t recall to have seen that before so it’s probably (or at least hopefully) some last minute bug that can be found quickly.

kaossino
    Participant

The crashes in the menu happen at different times. For example, the first time I received 1 skill point the tutorial guided me into the character screen, in that case crashed continuously and I had to increase the skill point without the vorpX. In another case, I crashed after a few minutes into the inventory screen while looking at the objects. The crashes seem random, I can not understand if there is something in particular.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Witcher 3 hotfix is up. Please reinstall vorpX using your web installer. The version number has not been raised, so no auto-update.

The hotfix addresses the grass/clutter rendered at wrong depth issue, but due to the really weird nature of this bug there is a certain chance that it also affects your menu problem.

nilez
    Participant

is there any reason to go geometry over znormal? (for witcher specific)
    I’m getting really good result with znormal and good performance

just curious

Ralf
    Keymaster

G3D:

Main pro: more natural 3D (2 ‘cameras’ like native VR apps).
    Main con: slow due to having to render everything twice.

Z3D:

Main pro: fast since the scene is only rendered once.
    Main con: 3D effect not as natural.

Personally I think Z3D is OK for Witcher 3, open spaces usually work quite well this way, especially in cinema mode. Some however always prefer G3D regardless of performance. If that isn’t true for you, you can safely stick to Z3D.

kaossino
    Participant

sorry but where I can download “vorpX using your web installer”?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you didn’t keep a copy, you can get a new installer from the link below.

Make sure to enter the mail address into the form that you used to register vorpX.

http://www.vorpx.com/request-new-download/

kaossino
    Participant

I found the old file on my pc. Thank you

nieda113
    Participant

Witcher 3 G3D is perfect and a totally new experience personally i only play G3D games if not available i use depht buffer from reshade wich is superior to Z3d because of more adjustable depht and of cours the bonus you can use reshade effects….

blamingas
    Participant

I have the same problem. After new update 24.12.2017 Witcher 3 freezes every 10-15 minutes in the game menus – dialogs, inventory, bags and boxes with stuff. Just stop working, the picture freezes. Music is continue to play, but no mouse and keyboard repsonse. It only helps completely relaunch the game.
    And it freezes randomly – after relaunch I can go to the same menu again and everything will be good. But after some time it freezes again in different menu. There is no papticular logic – sometimes the game crashes when I just put the mouse arrow onto the item in my inventory, sometimes after the click. But the same actions after the restart works fine.
    I found one uncommon thing: everytime 1 second before the game goes to crash I see on my Vive”s screen slight wobble, like light “dizzy” effect. Then everything stops.
    So looking on all of this, I’m not sure it is gameplay issue – probably something happens on the screen in the game menus which makes Vorpx unstable.

Im playing Witcher 3 almost 1 month and before the last update I never experienced any crash or other problems. How can I get the previous version until the newest will be fixed?
    Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!