The Witcher 3 crash with Vorpx 17.3

Homepage Forums Technical Support The Witcher 3 crash with Vorpx 17.3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    blamingas
    Participant

Forgot to say. I use Dell Precision 7710 with Nvidia Quadro m5000m. Since the topicstarter has different equpment, it doesn’t seem the hardware issue.

kaossino
    Participant

Unfortunately I still have problems. The game freezes in the menu, the sound remains active.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try switching switch to Z-Buffer 3D and check whether that solves the problem.

kaossino
    Participant

I don’t use Geometry but Z-Adaptive

blamingas
    Participant

I played in Z-Buffer mode all the time. The game freezes exactly in this mode.
    How can I get the previous version of Vorpx until this will be fixed?

dborosev
    Participant

I have noticed some really off shadows in the game. I think I have an old FOV mod installed, but I doubt thats it. Anyone else see that outside?

Ralf
    Keymaster

As in many newer games, shadows cannot be handled fully correct in G3D mode in Witcher 3, although vorpX does a better job in this particular case than the nVidia stereo driver, I might add.

The best way to deal with that is either not overdoing it with the 3D-Strength, the default 1.0 should look OK in most situations, or alternatively disabling shadows in the vorpX menu (“Image” page). Not sure if all shadow shaders where catched when doing the profile, the game is huge, but most should be handled.

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, good to know about the 3d strength. I usually have it up a bit.

kaossino
    Participant

The crashes inside the menu are continuous and make the game unusable. Often the crashes oblige the restart of the PC, in some cases more fortunate you close the game and you have to reopen it. Unfortunately, playing like this is a continuous defeat.

I use this game in z-adaptive mode e immersive mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I am aware of your posts, no need to make a new one every six hours. However, the issue could not be reproduced so far. Without being able to reproduce an issue there is no way to make any useful suggestions unfortunately. The issue will be looked into further after new year.

Golembir
    Participant

I have the same menu crash/issues as described above. Played the game for 2 hours prior without issue, only menus seem to be a problem. Regardless, thanks for all your continuous work Ralf, much appreciated!

kaossino
    Participant

Sorry Ralf, I was trying to make myself useful but when I spoke little English I do not know if I can explain myself well :)

If I think I can add a detail to help you reproduce the error I do it

Thank you for the vorpX, I like this program

JayDeez
    Participant

I’m having this exact same issue with WMR + Samsung Odyssey. Everything else works perfect otherwise, but unfortunately the game is unplayable in this state.

Any chance for a hot fix?

kaossino
    Participant

Hello. Today I tried again to play with The Witcher 3 and vorpX after updating to version 18.1.3. I was hoping that the bug in the game menu would be solved but instead persists and makes the game unusable.

It’s a shame because I bought vorpX hoping to play The Witcher 3.

Thanks for the support

Ralf
    Keymaster

I was finally able to reproduce the issue reliably. A fix will be made available within the next few days after some testing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!