Theatre Screen in Steam Update

Homepage Forums Technical Support Theatre Screen in Steam Update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bjr84
    Participant

How can one disable this new Theatre Screen in Steam/get around it to use Vorpx?? Theatre Screen is force-running with all games!!

Please help! This Theatre Screen blocks everything! Cant even run the exe outside of Steam without it going through Theatre Screen..

Thank you!

Ben

steph12
    Participant

just rename steam vr theater.exe to whatever you want in tool directory, search for it in steamVr directory

bjr84
    Participant

is it possible i do not have that exe? i cannot find it for the life of me.
    For example, i do not have the folder ‘steamvr_desktop_game_theater’ or anything of the like beyond the ‘tools’ folder..

I do not have this, for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\tools\steamvr_desktop_game_theater\win64\steamvr_desktop_game_theater.exe” (assuming a default Steam install).

I even searched for *theater* in all of my c: drive (and i installed in default C:) and nothing like ‘vr theater.exe’

Your assist is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Ben

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX is actually supposed to rename the SteamVR desktop theater .exe automatically since SteamVR exists. It even checks every few seconds while running to not miss any potential changes at any time. When exiting vorpX the .exe name gets restored. One of the many little quality of life things vorpX does usually unnoticed.

If that doesn’t work for you, try to launch SteamVR before vorpX. That way vorpX can be sure where to find the desktop theater, without SteamVR running it has to guess. Usually that guess works well too, but it might not be 100% reliable under all imaginable circumstances.

Silicon McCain
    Participant

See my post https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/steamvr-now-forcing-theatre-mode/ Ben.

TL;DR
    SteamVR 2.1.8 fixes it. (Though set “Present Non-VR Applications on Theater Screen Upon Launch” in ‘Dashboard’ tab of SteamVR setting to ‘Off’)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!