TheHunter works !

Homepage Forums Technical Support TheHunter works !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Yohaskan
    Participant

http://www.thehunter.com/
    The game have a “demo mode” where you can try some weapons, and hunt species -interface HUD is very minimalist/realistic. very few text to read.

I have succeeded to launch The Hunter with HTC Vive and Vorpx.
    it’s a first try at this time.
    i can’t change FOV to 120, and when i go to the 2D Huntermap, game crash
    i’m in low quality in 1024×768 for maintain my FPS to…90 (divide by 2 in VR)
    I need a better CG (R9 280X -> GTX 1080)

I sending the profil to Vorpx cloud

Ralf is it possible to force Fov setting if you don’t have acces to config files ?
    How can i optimise the profil now ?
    it’s seem to have no geometric mode

Yohaskan
    Participant

I have up to 1280×1024 resolution and seems to be stable with a new setting i’ve put

How Cloud PROFILE works?
    I have to update the version manually?

45Game/45 Direct3D FPS
    and with FluidSync:on,
    45Game /89 Direct3D FPS

Yohaskan
    Participant

This is the last test I have done with the new fix anti-crash for theHunter.
    I can now adjust the graphics quality at 1600×1200 @ 90 FPS, High texture quality.

mas3
    Participant

Sweet! I’ll have to try this.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Just thought I’d mention here that the new game: theHunter Call of the Wild (on steam) can work pretty well Z3D in Vorpx, using the Assassins Creed Unity profile.

Strange I know, but I was happy to find a profile that worked. It also has an in-game FOV slider up to 120 which makes it easy.

If you enjoy walking through scenic forests and seeing expansive vistas, this one is worth checking out in the scale of VR. Beautiful game. Two large reserves to explore.

Add the atv dlc for some fun trail blazing too.

mas3
    Participant

Thanks for the update dellrifter22! I was just scouring the web the other day to see if CotW works in VR. It’s on my wishlist now thanks to your confirmation.

matteo39
    Participant

anyone tried the hunter with new vorpx?

Yohaskan
    Participant

anyone tried the hunter with new vorpx?

Whow !
    New Game Profiles:
    – The Hunter: Call of the Wild: G3D/Z3D, full VR, DirectVR: FOV, resolution, tracking, tweaks

You did well to ask the question;)
    I will try this new version

Yohaskan
    Participant

Aaaaand…
    It’s Work !

DirectVR mode has been well recognized by Vorpx
    And so we have a real stereoscopic 3D now (not Z3D)
    Little bug of the game or vorpx (Dunno?)! the mask of the binoculars seems too short

My most embarrassing problem is always (has always been) the zoom whose maximum setting is too short at 90% (why not 100% or more?) Because I see the upper and lower edges with a Vive.

But that did not stop me from killing 4 bisons at .454 before I ran out of ammo
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1394605156

mas3
    Participant

Great find Yohaskan! Can’t wait to try on the Rift when my backlog dwindles down some more

dellrifter22
    Participant

In case you guys are still playing this game, I’ve added a new G3D profile for Classic that is working pretty well. Listed on the cloud as:

theHunter Classic [dellrifter22]

Read more about it here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!